V. Hold On

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

¤~¤~~¤~¤

Hoseok stormed into Jimin's workplace with a candy bar squished in his clenched fist. The troubled man marched straight to the pharmacy counter and then slammed the candy down in front of the pharmacist, causing her to jump out of her skin. "Goodness! You gave me a fright," she gasped, hand over her heart.

Too ticked to care, Hoseok curtly asked, "C-Can I t-talk t-t-to Jimin-ah?" The lady sighed. Hoseok already knew what was coming next before she could utter a single word. He laughed bitterly. "C-course not." Huffing, Hoseok stepped back from the counter. He took his black baseball cap off and combed his long, slender fingers through his slightly sweaty hair before repositioning it backward on his head.

"'Kay... I-I'll juss, uh... I g-got a, a qu-question," Hoseok said, locking eyes with the woman behind the counter. She didn't miss how blown his pupils were and made a mental note to speak with caution, choose her words carefully. Upsetting this unstable man further could be dangerous.

"You can ask me anything, Hoseok," the middle-aged pharmacist said with a gentle tone of voice as she moved her long black locks behind her ears.

"D'yuh th-think he-he'll get m-m-mad 'f I m-m-make a, uh, an acqu-quaintance—I m-m-mean f-friend?"

The woman's face lit up and she responded immediately with maybe too much enthusiasm. "No, of course not! I think Jimin-ssi would be very happy if you made a friend! You know that he would never wish loneliness upon his one and only Hoseok."

'Then why doesn't he come home,' is what Hoseok wanted to ask, but he held back. In a hurry, he bowed his head and thanked her before turning swiftly on his heel. "S-see," Hoseok whispered as he began walking, "T-told yuh he-he'll b-be 'kay with it."

She's lying to you, the cranky Voice replied. I'm all you need. Hoseok scoffed and rushed out of the pharmacy.

"Y-you're m-m-mean t' me," Hoseok hissed spitefully, picking up his pace. "I d-don't n-n-need yuh."

Because I want what's best for you, Hoseok. The male ignored the Voice and continued onward to his destination.

Min Yoongi perked up when he saw Hoseok re-enter the shop for the second time that day—a habit the customer recently acquired. Yoongi would be labeled a liar were he to say the double-visits didn't have him feeling at least a wee bit giddy.

"Back so soon?" He smirked. "What can I get for you this time, sir?" White smartphone in hand, Hoseok walked right up to the shorter male and handed him the device.

Hoseok, you're making a huge mistake. Turn around and leave before it's too late.

"N-n-numb-ber," Hoseok demanded, looking Yoongi dead in the eye. Sensing Yoongi's hesitation, Hoseok grabbed the older male's limp hand, flipped it over and smacked the phone against his palm.