X. Guilty As Charged

¤~¤~~¤~¤

¤~¤~~¤~¤

After the mens' date ended, Yoongi went straight to his favorite bar, Blood Sweat & Beers. Despite how happy Hoseok had made him, there was still a burning guilt inside him. The guilt was fucking unbearable.

Nothing about Blood Sweat & Beers was impressive other than the booze. From the street, the place looked like a small abandoned warehouse. Inside wasn't much different. Simplicity was the theme.

Once indoors, Yoongi was greeted by creaky floorboards, stale cigarettes, and live music played by a local musician. Other than the small bar counter, only three round tables and a small stage occupied the tight space.

The bartender recognized his old friend and announced loudly, "Look at what the cat dragged in. I never thought I'd see you again!" Yoongi chuckled and took a seat at the bar.

"Yeah, it's been a good minute, hasn't it?"

"Fucking two years," the tall male quipped, throwing a damp white towel over his shoulder and reaching under the counter. "First drink's on the house," he said as he poured Yoongi's favorite American whiskey into a small glass of ice. "Or rather," the brown-haired man began, setting the drink in front of his customer, "on the bar." He winked.

The two men silently looked at one another for a moment before the bartender's distinctive windshield-wiper-like laugh filled the bar. Yoongi's eyes rolled to the back of his head at the man's terrible dad joke. "Thanks, Jin. I appreciate it."

Kim Seokjin. 25. Makes the worst jokes but still considers himself a comedian.
Mixology has always been his passion, and his bar is his pride and joy. He firmly believes that working hard can make dreams come true.

Yoongi sipped his drink, enjoying the way the cold liquid left a trail of fire in his throat with every swallow. He tipped it back and then motioned for a refill.

"What brings you here anyway," Jin asked while he filled his customer's glass.

Min Yoongi sighed and downed the drink in three big gulps before answering. "Life, I guess. More please and thank you."

The bartender nodded and filled it to the brim. "Felt that, but there's gotta be more to it," Jin egged on. "You haven't stepped foot in this place in a year."

"Yeah, you right." Yoongi chugged his third refill and watched as the brown liquid filled his cup yet again. "I don't know what I'm doing, Jin," he said as he swirled the ice cubes around in the glass. "I just… I'm falling for someone new. I-I know I shouldn't. It's only been a year since…since the incident."

Seokjin interrupted. "Yeah, exactly. It's been a whole fucking year! It's time to move on." He then stepped away to tend to another customer before returning his attention to his long lost friend. "You know...Jungkook would want you to be happy."