Ten; Surprises

A few months following the events of Return of the Jedi. Han and Leia get a glimpse of each other's past. Warning - light mention of mature content.

Leia summoned him into her office. "Sweetheart, can we not do this right now? I have a lot going on."

Han noticed her stiffen the moment he stepped foot in her office. She sat in her office chair with her arms crossed and a blank stare aimed in his direction. "Leia?"

She didn't answer, but simply turned her holopad to face him. The screen showed a picture of him with another woman. The woman was only a few inches shorter than him with dark brown hair and brown eyes, just like Leia.

Leia spoke for the first time since he entered her office. "Care to tell me who this is?"

Han swallowed as another picture of the two came across. It pictured him and the woman aboard the Millennium Falcon, in his bunk, smiling and laughing while engaged in sex. Each picture that came across the screen was worse and worse.

"Turn that off."

She did. "Did you look through all of those?"

"Multiple times," she answered coldly. "You better tell me if this is something I should be concerned about, or if it was one of your little one night stands."

Instead he asked, "where'd you get those?"

"They were sent to me. I'm having Threepio look into it."

Han took a deep breath. "Her name is Aliana. It happened about 8 years ago. Leia, I didn't cheat on you. I swear. I didn't know she took these."

"Then why did I receive these pictures now?" She asked. "Only days after you asked me to marry you."

He stretched his arms out. "I left her the next day. It must've been her way to get back at me. To make you think I cheated."

Leia nodded. "I believe you."

That took Han by surprise. Usually the fiery princess wouldn't let him off the hook that easily. "We both agreed to not hold anything from our pasts against each other. What is initially not my business has now become my business. I only want to figure out how we're going to handle the media because if this was sent to me, what would stop the sender from sending it to the media?"

"I agree."

He left and came back a few minutes later with lunch. The two of them then discussed how they would handle the media later tonight. Leia was attending a gala and Han was to be her escort.

Han was grateful at how well she handled the situation. If he were in her position, he would be so pissed seeing her with another man. No matter when she was involved with him. After lunch, he stayed back in her office as she attended another meeting.

As Leia attempted to pass by him, he stuck a hand out and stopped her. "Thank you. For understanding."

She leaned down and pressed a kiss to his lips. "We all have our pasts."

Leia then walked out, leaving Han to wonder what she meant by we all have our pasts. What the hell did that mean?

•••

Later that night, Han waited outside their bedroom for his fiancée. "Leia, we're going to be late," he called.

A moment later she opened the door. He was blown away. She wore a white dress that was strapless and barely reached her knees and had a very low back. Her hair was pulled back in a very simple braid that hung down her back.