Maybe It'll Be Fun

Your POV

"Zim. Dib." The cloak lady, who you found out was named Mrs. Bitters from Dib's pleads that he didn't start it, hissed at them. "You two will be on bathroom duty." As she said that both of their faces seemed to drain like a bathtub that had the plug pulled.

"But Dib didn't even do anything!" Dib protested.

"But he started it! It's all his fault, I merely protected myself from his harassment!" Zim retaliated. They both were protesting the punishment and saying how it was the other person's fault. That soon turned into arguing. And before long they started shoving each other. You sighed as you watched them basically throw away what little chance they had to get out of it.

Mrs. Bitters slinked over to you. "As for you," her voice screeched out, bringing a chill up your spine, " you will be serving lunch in the cafeteria." That didn't sound so bad.

But when lunch rolled around you found out you were very wrong.

Well first off you were called in there early, which seemed nice. But then you had to make the food, if you can even call it that. What goes into the "meat" you think will give you nightmares for months, no,  years to come.

But the mystery slop, yes they even addressed it as such, is "A new experience every time!". This is because it's literally made of the scraps restaurants won't use. Well more like legally can't and shouldn't use. But on top of it all the smell of the backroom was unbearable. You literally had to go and get a doctor mask so you could breath.

You were relieved when it was lunchtime and you were relieved to get out of that room. You had to serve the kids the disgusting food, but you took comfort in the fact that most, next to all, of them wouldn't actually end up eating it.

By the end of the lunch you thought that out of all the horrible things that came with that job, the worst was that you have to miss lunch. You sighed in defeat and headed back to the backroom to get washed up. Afterwards you went to class.

Dib and Zim were sitting in their seats as per usual. You wondered how their shift went. You got to ask them after a few hours of Mrs. Bitters repeating "doom" so much it doesn't even sound like a word anymore.

"Oh Dib and Zim haven't had our shift yet." Dib told me after we had left the classroom and had started down the hallway. Zim looked behind them and then pulled Dib and himself beside a locker. They both stuck flat against the wall for a moment. You kept walking like nothing was going on. You didn't even have to look to know Mrs. Bitters was out in the hall looking for them. You could feel her icey stare shoot right through you. She waited there for a moment and Zim and Dib held their breaths.

But Mrs. Bitters went back into her classroom, allowing Zim and Dib to walk back out with you.

"Phew, that was a close one" Dib whispered.

"For once Dib sti- er, Dib. I have to agree with you." Zim replied. You all hastily walked down the hall hoping Mrs. Bitters wasn't going to come back out and catch Dib and Zim.

Zim POV

"For once Dib sti- er, Fin. I have to agree with you." I fumbled my words. That was close, I almost called him "Dib stink". I can't risk her/him finding me abnormal in anyway. Well it's probably to late for that, but I can't risk her/him getting suspicious. I need her/him to complete my plan. Then maybe the tallests will send me the equipment I've been vouching for! Then I can finally prove my worth by destroying this sad pebble of a planet. But before I can do that I need to gain familiarity with her/him.

I cleared my throat, "Excuse me, (y/n), would you like to "hangout" at my place of living this after the time of noon? Possibly around the time of 6 post meridian?" I asked. Was that ok? I don't know, I've never done this before! I plastered on a smile to cover up my nervousness. She/he stared at me with a blank expression. Oh no! I messed it up didn't I! Dib snickered from behind me. Ok now I know I messed it up! Now my tallests will be disappointed with me!!

"Ahem, well of course, I'd be quite pleased to come over and be in each other's company." (Y/n) said with a bow/curtsy. Oh good, she/he thought I meant to say it weirdly. She/he let out a slight laugh. She/he cheerfully walked out to get ready. Heh, that was kinda cute. Maybe getting to know her/him will be enjoyable. I thought to myself, letting my mission slip from my mind.

----------------------------------------------

I hope this is an ok length, I know it's kind of short but I just wanted to quickly finish up the chapter I had half completed. And I saw this as a good stopping point. I'll try, and probably not succeed, to upload more frequently. But at max it'll probably be once a week. Also thank you guys SO much for 1k reads!!!! I hope you enjoyed it anyways!

~some random author

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the art shown unless specifically stated.