His Problem

Sirius's POV

Lily Evans. Remus lupin? I think that's what his name is. I can't help but feel bad for the poor guy. I mean it isn't his fault he needed a friend and that happened to be lily. James is just blind with love. And I don't know if hes crazy or smart. I've seen him work with charms and spells and some of them are even in the next years level. He must have had a lot of time on his hands to learn those spells. He was cute to but in a girly and totally not gay way.

"Sirius. Sirius!" I looked up to see an angry James and a worried peter.

"Sirius you've been spacing out all morning. What's wrong?" Peter said. James expression changed.

"Yeah man. Gosh I had no idea something was bothering you. What is it?"

"Nothing."

"Come on ever since Evans was here you have been...distant." Peter was the smarter one.

"Its really nothing. I'm just thinking of a Christmas prank. Are you guys going to stay?" James's face lit up with joy.

"Yeah man this year has to be great!"

Maybe we can put a spell on the food or something. Or even turn the floor to ice. Or everything into ice." James laughed evilly and me and Pete laughed at him. He could be crazy sometimes.

We finally made our way to potions the last class of the day. We all walked in to see someone already making a potion. He was short and his hair looked soft. Oh crap Sirius what are you thinking! You are not gay! Am I gay?

I sat behind him and peter sat with me. James sat with some Hufflepuff. I sat with peter because I was the best. I'm not saying that to be boastful but it was a fact. I was the best at making potions and James was a close second. Peter was the worst. Well besides one other person. For his brains Remus can't brew anything right.

Today we would be making Draught of Living Death. It sounded fun. The one who drank it would fall into a deep sleep and appear to be dead. Sounded like a cool prank just waiting to happen.

"Sirius watch peter!" I was pulled out of my thoughts to see peter almost put something in the cauldron.

"Pete." I sighed.

"Well someone had to finish the potion while you were off in lala land."

"I'm sorry Pete. I just have something on my mind. I promise I'll try."

"Who is it?"

"What do you mean by who?"

"I mean who do you have on your mind. I bet I could figure it out if you stare at them. Or talk to them." Our conversation was interrupted by long bottoms cauldron blowing up. Thanks long bottom.

"Ugh." I heard the boy in front of us sigh. He was looking down at the book. His fists were up in balls. I could help him? He went to get something from the ingredients closet. Wait was that? Oh it was Remus. I watched as he went back to his seat. He had a little of a limp. Was he hurt?! I could ask him. Should I help him with his potion?

"Right Sirius?" I looked up to see Pete staring at me with a smirk. What did he do now?

"Huh?"

"His face is really pretty. Do you really want to do that to James though?"

"What?!"

"You like James." I couldn't help but laugh. I thought he was going to say someone else.

"P-pete! Ha that's the craziest thing you've come up with!"

We finished our potion and I handed it to the professor.

"Sirius can I talk to you after class it will only take a couple of minutes. I promise your not in trouble."