EIGHTEEN

Jake's knuckles turned white as he gripped his steering wheel, his lip in between his teeth as he refused to scream.

He was practically fuming; Lucy knew how much he hated drinking and smoking, so why would she suddenly start to get drunk? A part of him began disliking the girl, but he hoped she would explain her reasonings to him.

As he was driving, Jake turned on his radio to drown out the negative thoughts in his mind. Halsey started playing, and the boy remembered Lucy had put in the CD when they were in the car the day before. He remembered watching her seem a little off, as if something was on her mind, while she quietly hummed along to the music.

After minutes of listening to Halsey, Jake turned into Lucy's apartment and quickly parked his car.

He hurriedly jogged up the stairs and didn't even knock on the girl's door. He looked around the living room, seeing an emptied bottle of Fireball and shot glasses littering the glass coffee table. He growled under his breath as he walked towards Lucy's bedroom.

"Lucy, what the—" his jaw dropped as his eyes landed on her half naked body; lacy black underwear and a lace bra adorned her perfect frame, and she sat seductively on her bed.

She smiled drunkenly at the boy gawking at her, and she curled her finger, motioning for him to walk towards her.

Jake found the words that were jumbled in his theist and forced himself to look away. His eyes darted to the floor as he licked his lips. He was instantly turned on by her almost naked body, but he cursed himself for thinking of actually hooking up with her while she was drunk.

"Lucy, you're too shit-faced drunk to even realize what you're doing," he sighed as he forced himself to look into Lucy's eyes. His mind begged him to look at her body, but he clutched the door handle and didn't look down.

"I know what I'm doing, baby."

He gulped as he walked towards her in an attempt to comfort her, and nearly fell onto the bed when he neared her tanned skin. His mind clouded over as he hovered over the girl, and she giggled.

The alcohol on her breath caused Jake to cringe. When realization hit him, he went towards her closet and tanned a pair of sweatpants and a loose t-shirt.

"C'mon, lets get you ready for bed." He handed the girl her clothes, but she tugged his arm so he fell onto the bed. She curled her legs around his torso as she sat ontop of him, and she grabbed his hair.

She placed a sloppy kiss on his lips, trailing the kiss down his neck, when Jake shuddered. His eyelids fluttered closed as he temporarily thought of what fun they could have together, but he reminded himself that she was drunk and didn't know what she was doing.

"Lucy, — Lucy, stop," he murmured, earning an innocent hum in response. When Lucy didn't remove her lips from his skin, he had to carefully shove her off him.

She fell to the side of the bed, an angered look on her face. "Y—You don't want me?" She hiccuped, tears filling her eyes. "Why don't you want me?"

Jake looked into her bloodshot eyes and shook his head. He grabbed her hand. "No, Lucy. It's not that. It's just, you're too fucking drunk to realize you don't want to actually do this."

He grabbed her clothes and when the girl didn't look at him, he sighed as he tugged the shirt over her head.

Lucy squealed, her happy drunk mood replacing her angry one in milliseconds.
As the teen tugged her pants on for her, Jake hovered over her underwear. He closed his eyes, lust consuming his being for a quick moment.

As he shook his head, he continued to put her pants on and he lied her down on her large bed. She sighed in comfort as she snuggled into the blankets, and seemingly forgot about what just happened moments ago.

"Night, Luce." When he turned to leave her room and clean the alcohol from her apartment, Lucy called out to him.

"Jake," she murmured quietly. The boy turned, an eyebrow raised. "I—I'm sorry. I just thought you'd like me more if my clothes were off." Her words cut through the air and made Jake's heart thud.

It hurt his heart when the words continued to echo in his mind, and he shook his head at the girl's drunken state. "Lucy, you don't mean that. Now get some sleep; you're gonna have a huge fucking migraine when you wake up tomorrow." With that, he shut the door and started picking up the shot glasses along the table.

He cleaned the spilled Fireball and picked up the bottle afterwards. He read the label over and over, thoughts and questions that couldn't be answered buzzing throughout his brain.

He laid down on the girl's gray couch, scrolling through his phone. He hadn't realized hours had passed as he lurked through Lucy's Instagram. And when a yawn escaped his lips, Jake shut his phone off and let sleep take over him.