[come] i.

[come] i.

Having a husband is great.

Having a doctor as a husband is also great. Considering the little surprises like free physicals that could lead to sessions in the bedroom. If you're a person who likes to see the glass as half full, that is.

But having a husband who was not only an M.D and head of pediatric surgery but also a wealthy and respected socialite is. . .not that great.

Especially if all you do is work part-time as a baker and another as a cashier behind a Starbucks counter. So much for social upbringing.

It isn't the fact that your husband breathes Versace and Givenchy along with the rest of his mutuals while you still have a soft spot for that threadbare sweater you bought from Old Navy back in 2012. It's not the fact that the bachelors and bachelorettes accidentally mistake you as the housekeeper when you're actually the hostess of the expensive parties you and your husband used to throw before things got hectic.

It definitely isn't because your husband, who was once your best friend and high school sweetheart and the only guy you'd share secrets and get wasted at frat parties with during college, is now a chief of a surgical department and can barely afford to give you the time of the minute, much less the day.

Lying to yourself will get you nowhere, now that seeing Seokjin around is rare. Only now and then you receive a concise text that informs you of his whereabouts, or a good morning if you're lucky. Seokjin is not what people would normally label as a "busybody." Busy is nowhere near his schedule. And as his wife, you've been accustomed to exclude that word in your limited range of vocabulary.

It's what he would've wanted, anyway.

husband 💍💋: hey. am i interrupting?

me: nope im just watching the counter with coworker. whats up?

husband 💍💋: i'm coming home tonight, thought id let u know

me: that's a nice plot twist. whats the occasion?

husband 💍💋: its bc i wont be home for another week and i figured i'd pack in advance. Btw can u get my suitcase ready, i'll be there in 2 hrs

me: im still @ work uhh, sure ill try. do u want dinner as well??

husband 💍💋: yes.

me: k...gucci or louis vuitton btw

husband 💍💋: whatever's bigger. Vuitton maybe. g2g. Thanks.

me: np

His icon fades after that last message, which isn't surprising. Your conversations always come to a halt like this. Half-hearted thank yous or awkward laughs. Emoticons were out of the question by now. Back when Seokjin was an intern and you had just applied to culinary school, his favorite emoji to use was the kissy face equipped with hearts and the occasional bowl of ramen. He would always send those no matter the time, since interns had it easy. It was only after three years of residency had he decreased the amount of goofiness he put in his texts, not before proposing to you during fourth year while still sharing an apartment with a fellow intern. Back then, Seokjin wasn't able to afford a diamond ring wrapped in Tiffany's tissue, but you accepted the tiny rock anyway because you knew more would be in store for him. For the two of you.

Sure enough, he gifted and officially replaced the stone with a three carat princess cut diamond exclusively from Jared's for your third anniversary. His wedding band was then platinum. It was a little over the top, but. . .