[come] iv.

[come] iv.

He only sees you after draping the blazer over a chair. Your heart freezes when you catch a glimpse of his left hand, but resumes its shaky beating when you notice the shiny band peeking out from his sleeve.

So he didn't take it off. . .good. I don't see why he should, anyway.

"Hey." You immediately sit up and shove the chocolate wrappers into the empty popcorn bowl. "Welcome back."

"Hey," he says softly. His lips are more cherry red than usual and fit well with his rosy cheeks. He must've been running in the February cold. You wonder what to say since you haven't exactly spoken to him in a while. Maybe a compliment on how great he looks even after running a mile?

Jin's about to speak for you but as soon as his mouth opens, his attention is brought somewhere else. Towards the TV. That's when you realize a makeout session is being blasted on at full volume. You stare at the HD screen in utter horror as he follows your gaze.

Your stomach churns at every sloppy kiss and groan the couple makes. The temperature suddenly cranks up while heat creeps across your nape. You don't dare sneak a direct glance at Jin, who is confusedly watching a woman aggressively slip off her blouse. Personally, you have no problem with sex scenes. They don't necessarily excite or do things to you. Not even on your period, which is presumably the horniest a girl could ever be.

Presumably.

It's just that watching this with your husband whom you haven't seen in weeks is beyond awkward. And definitely unnecessary. Just as the couple hits the bed, you swipe the remote from the floor and shut the TV off.

There's a torturous moment of silence before Seokjin easily breaks it.

"So. Movie night tonight?" His voice is painstakingly deadpan with the message that he probably isn't interested in what you're up to.

Which is fine.

"Nah, it was just on." You straighten. "Your suitcase is by your door. I packed the first row of your closet and three suits. Versace, Saint Laurent, and Armani. By the way, your prescription for your contacts is almost ending, so I replaced them with new ones. Is that okay?"

His expression melts from wary to impressed and maybe even grateful. "Oh, wow. Thanks. That's more than okay. I had no idea about the contacts." His voice is soft as he turns around and breezes into the kitchen. You would've followed him if it weren't for your cramps acting up. Seokjin digs through a drawer of tupperware before noticing the bare stovetop. He sends you a confused glance, large glasses slipping slightly off the bridge of his nose.

"I literally have twenty minutes to eat. Namjoon and Hoseok are waiting in the car. Where's the pasta?"

"About that," you wring your hands. There's no reason to feel guilty--you had no choice but to sit out. And Seokjin would understand. "I wasn't feeling that great so there isn't any."

"You didn't make dinner?" Jin lowers his glasses. "You're not feeling good?"

You reassure with a shrug. "It's not a big deal, but I'm sorry. Seriously."

The apology comes out genuinely. That's how it should be. It's just that the crumpled wrappers and popcorn kernels don't exactly prove that you're sick. You simply hope Jin isn't as disappointed as he looks.

"It's fine. Whatever. I just need something to eat." He pulls the fridge door open and squints at the contents. "So what else is there?"

"There's lasagna," you offer tentatively, crouching under his skeptical stare from five feet away.