Chapter 25: Too Easy

Chapter 25

Music Choice: Pompeii - Bastille 

A swoosh of wind, and a swirl of color later, they had arrived at the Battle Ground woods in New York. Of course, Dani’s teleporting could use a little practice, as they struggled to keep their legs from buckling.

“And what are we looking for?” Ash asked, attempting to balance his legs.

“Evidence that ties Aidan to the Angelic murders.” Dani was used to her terrible teleporting, and soon regained her poise.

The couple began searching for something, anything that could be the missing link between Aidan and the murders.

“Dani…” Ash said, as he crouched down and picked up a lighter. It was black, with an engraved letter ‘A’ on it. When switched on, it emitted a black flame. “Is this enough evidence?”

“That’s Aidan’s.” Dani declared. She came up to Ash and examined it. “It’s definitely his.”

“So… that’s it? Aidan did all this?” Ash said, confusion in his voice.

“Yeah… I guess he did. The lighter places him at the crime scene. Or at least near a possible crime scene.” Dani answered.

“It just seems too easy.” Ash mumbled. Suddenly, the two heard rustling. Dani wielded her sword, as Ash readied his mind for his camouflage. Somebody stumbled out from behind a tree.

“Julian? What are you doing way out here?” Dani asked. Julian stumbled from the shadows, fixing his curly sandy brown hair.

“Needed to get out of the Accords, figured I would take a walk, get some fresh air.” Julian said. “I heard you say something about a lighter? What’s that about?”

“We solved the Angelic Murder case.” Ash said, beaming.

“Really? Who was behind it all?”

“Aidan Mallard, he was at the Accords when we were there. He’s been killing Angels to get a message to the ArchAngels to change how Angelship should be granted.” Dani answered.

“Brilliant. Terrible, but brilliant.” Julian smiled. “I’m so glad you two solved it all.”

AN: What do you guys think? Aidan was behind it all, huh? not surprising though. Sorry. 

Any music requests? I can add some to the final soundtrack, and can't wait! 

We're getting closer guys. 11 more chapters. Not that I'm counting. 

Comment, share, vote, and maybe even a follow? 

Toodles, loves.