Chapter 32: Back Atcha

Chapter 32

 Music Choice: S.O.T.U. Ft. Fast Eddie - Nicky Romero, Sunnery James, & Ryan Marciano

The five of them teleported back to the Realm only to see what was left. Houses were being ransacked, Guardians were fighting Fallens, and bonfires burning books were being held. It was chaos. Jo, Benji, Alex, and Kyle came out of nowhere, and began explaining what had happened. It was an ambush, Fallens storming the Realm, and taking anything and everything in sight. Dani could see Marco and Hazel holding up the House, and healing injured Angels. Zeke and Paige were shouting Enchantments from his window, binding Fallens, and trapping them.  Dani began shouting commands.

"Ash, you go with Kyle and take the south end. Alex and Benji take the west side of the House, Drew, and Vi take the east.  Jo, you can take on any incoming Angels, and try and stop the flow of Fallens. Anna, you're coming with me, and we're gonna face the north side. Come on, guys! We got this!" Dani shouted, as the group dispersed. Marco and Hazel were safe inside, as were Zeke and Paige.  If the Fallens thought they could just take over the Realms without Guardian's fighting back, they were severely mistaken.  Time for a little retaliation.

Ash and Kyle headed to the backyard, and were soon surrounded by Fallens. Asher and Kyle were back to back, Ash's platinum sword ready and Kyle's hands anticipating the attack. There were at least 4 Fallens, and Ash was not going to let them win. Fallens tend to be clothed in all black, with tanner, dirtier skin. Fallens always have dark hair, and many have unevenly groomed facial hair. They are always barefoot, and have no rules to play by. They are known for getting dirty with battle strategies, using their opponents' weaknesses against them.

Ash wielded his sword up to his eye-level, as he charged to one of the Fallens. The Fallen moved too fast, sidestepping the blow. Another Fallen managed to get behind him, and the Fallen now had his arm around Ash's neck. Ash immediately elbowed him in the stomach, and watched the Fallen crumble to the ground, unconscious. Ash then took on the Fallen he had faced first.

The Fallen was quick, and his talent was worse. Like Guardians and Angels, Fallens have gifts and talents as well. However, their gifts are a lot more menacing. In fact, this Fallen Angel's gift was being able to see into your mind, and your past.

"Who's this Jacob?" a dark voice asked hoarsely.

"What?" No, this can't be happening. Not now.

"Jacob, he's..." The Fallen widened his eyes to focus on Asher's memory. "He's your brother, isn't he?"

"Shut up." Ash whispered. His heart pounded in his chest, as he refused to look at the Fallen. The eyes are the windows to the soul, after all. That was how the Fallen had access into Asher's mind, his thoughts. His emotions.

"Now, come on. Lift your head up, and let me see. Your brother tried to kill you, didn't he? He made your fear grow. He is the cause of your problems. Jacob never cared about you, did he?"

"NO!" Ash screamed, as his sword was leading him, as it buried itself into the Fallens chest. The Fallen looked at Asher, his black eyes wide, as the Fallen combusted into flames. As the flames engulfed the Fallen, the fire also managed to burn up a majority of Asher's right arm. Clutching it, Ash ran towards Kyle, who was fighting his own battles as well.

Kyle had his own demons to face. Or rather, his own Fallens. Using all the strength he could muster, the roots and vines from the surrounding garden surrounded the two Fallens, and ensnared them, rendering the Fallens immobile. Kyle then met Asher halfway as they rushed back into the Ivory House.

Drew and Vi had their backs against one another, as the faced three Fallens. Drew was armed with a set of ten throwing knives, while Vi had her trusty bow and arrow.

"Vi, just know that I will always love you, okay?"

"Back atcha, Green." Vi smiled, as she turned to face her new foe, aiming her bow as she fired arrow after arrow. Two Fallens were shot, and burst into flames, leaving behind nothing but soot.

Drew charged forward, throwing his knives in every direction he could see. The knives landed on his intended targets perfectly, as the Fallen Angels began retreating back to Hell. Drew suddenly heard a weak gasp. He spun on his heel, to see Violet crouching on the ground, her arm around her stomach. Drew rushed to her, and moved her arm, only to see her black tank top was now soaked in blood. Vi had been shot. The arrow was in Vi's hand, as Drew swept her into his arms and bolted into the House, praying Vi would last.