Back

• Dedicated to All you Jason Lovers!

I was searching in this dark abyss that surrounded me for the girl I loved. I needed her, but she was no where to be found. Every second that passed felt like centuries as the coldness surrounded me. Where was I? Where was she? Alexandra...Josephine...

And then...

I heard her.

"Jason, where are you? Jason...come back to me. Jason!"

I slowly pulled myself out of my revere. It was her...She had come for me! My love that I had known for such a short while. The love that had betrayed me. Memories came back slowly, and I rememberd our story. The knife slicing through me, her breath against my face, our small words goodbye. How could such a beautiful being have betrayed me? Then...the voice again...

"Jason?"

Yes my darling I am here...

I opened my eyes to a bright room the ornate curtains pulled back to reveal a bright day. I was alive? I looked around slowly, scanning the four poster bed i lay in, the redwood closet in the corner, and of course my desk. Until finally my eyes came upon the bedside table, but the table was not what held my attention, the things on top of it did. A brilliant length of red hair was layed on top of it, and it was bundled together by a single ribbon as well as a small black box. This hair, this brilliant red, was Josephine's was it not? Josephine...I sat up to reach for the bundle when I groaned with the pain. The knife wound? So it really was there. After much pain, I managed to grab my prize and held it to my chest.

The fragrance of flowers flitted through my senses. Who had put this here? Josephine herself? No, she must be gone by now.

"Master Jason is awake! Doctor? He is awake!" The nurse was gone soon after making the declaration and went to presumably get the doctor. My assumption was right because only moment s later the door opened once more.

"Ahh Lord Jason, I am glad you are awake!"

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked

He grimaced before answering, "About two months." He saw I was going to interrupt him so continued before I could stop him, "However, it could have been much worse! The physical damage was astronomical. The mental damage alone..." He trailed off, "You could have been under for three or four."

I nodded before looking out the window, contimplating his words. Mental damage? It was understandable that this was what he was thinking but I was really just lost. The very person who had put me into this state was the one that saved me in the end. Josephine...Oh my dear Josephine...

I looked at the doctor, "When can I get out of bed?"

The doctor blinked for a second, "Well you have not moved almost at all these past two months..."

Impatient I glared, "How long?"

"Well if you mean to be completely functional than three more months at the least."

Three more months? But she could already be gone beyond my reach. I needed to find her as fast as possible. I sat up in the bed with all my effort and declared, "One."

"One?" The doctor said puzzled

"One month. I will be completely healed in one month!" 

"That is impossible! You must not be thinking correctly...you have only just woken up..." 

I raised an eyebrow and he stopped. "I am in the right mind Doctor. I assure you."

"Yes my lord."

"What of the Duchess?"

He shook his head regretfully, "She is dead. There was another man who we have not yet identified.   He was serisouly injured."

"When can I speak with him?"

"Well sir..." The doctor hesitated, and I waved him to continue, "He is not stable. Mentally that is."

"How so?"

"Pardon me sire, but it is a very delicate matter to explain. Perhaps you can come meet him, when you are somewhat healed?"

I contemplated this before nodding my consent, "Very well." I rubbed the hair in my hand, "The criminal...what of her?"

The doctors eyes became wide, "The Red Ghost?"

I tilted my head, "Why was such a name given?"

"Well many of the villagers say she is the ghost of Bloody Mary and that her hair has been dyed with the thousands of souls she has killed. It is quite the story in the village. She is most famous among children. Many mothers tell there children that if they go out at night, they will die at the hands of Bloody Mary."

I almost laughed at such an absurd story! Josephine? A killer! Then I remembered...

She was.

I instantly became sober and told the doctor to stop spouting nonsense. He left soon after checking my bandages. Why Josephine? Why did you kill the Duchess? Were you paid? Forced? More than anything else, I needed to know the reason

Looking to the side my eyes scanned the small black box that was once next to the hair. It had probably been put there after being found in my posession. That small black box had once held Josephine's future, my future, and our future. I clutched the hair to my chest and closed my eyes, falling into the abyss once more.

I love you Josephine

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

AUTHORS NOTE

This is of course wayyyy over due and I profusely apologize. I brought Jason back to life as an apology. Forgive me? ;) I dedicate this chapter to all you Jason Lovers! 

Emilestie