Doubt

• Dedicated to LaurenB

I watched as Bart and his wife slept soundly next to each other, and I smiled as dawn started to break. They really do love each other. I folded the piece of paper in my hand and slipped it onto the bedside table. Dust fell onto my face, from my cloak which had been hidden away for these few months, pulled over my head.

Bart,

I am sorry for leaving so suddenly, without a word. I was never one for goodbyes. I do not know yet where I am going, or if I will ever come back. All I know is that I have a mission and a duty to fulfill. If I do not come back I hope you think well of me. In my profession, it is hard to find someone as kind as you to take care of us. I wish you the best of luck.

Josie

“Josie it is time we get going.” Eleanor said from behind me

I nodded silently and turned with one last goodbye towards the couple.

We rode hours and barely spoke along the journey towards the capital. Passing valleys and mountains, I could not help but see the world I was leaving behind once more. The peaceful world that would never be in my grasp again. I had only been a part of it for a small time, but it meant everything to me. The mundane life that they were living, I wish I could have it, with Jason. Villagers nodded their heads and waved as we continued on our way, and unbeknownst to Eleanor, I waved back.

And then…Night would fall.

I never slept, and instead I walked. I walked through the forest alone in my thoughts, barely getting back in time before the sun rose once more. How could I sleep when J could still be alive? Every time J passed through my mind the darkness would envelop me in waves of anger. I succumbed to it every time. The one time I fell asleep, I woke up finding myself on top if Eleanor, chocking her.

Eleanor doesn’t say it, but I know. She is scared of me, of what I could do to her. The darkness…I really never had a chance against it did I?

The darkness…

Is me.

I can feel my voice screaming, my soul begging. But I cant…I can’t let my soul out of its chains. I am afraid…

What would happen if I let my soul out?

Would I even be Josie anymore?

Would I be Josephine once more?

Or would I become, a monster?

 “Josie, are you there?” A familiar voice broke me out of my thoughts.

‘Yes, is it time to go Eleanor?”

She nodded and we were on our way yet again. I pushed everything I knew to the back of my mind, the thoughts  would come out again. When night comes…

“Josie, how do you plan on getting into the castle?”

I had been pondering a plan, and I had finally come up with one. A plan so that I can finally, once and for all, kill J. I needed to kill him…even if it meant finding out what was really behind these chains that held my soul. Didn’t I?

“Just leave it to me.”

…………………………………………….

Jason’s P.O.V.

My eyes flashed open as I was once again in my room. I passed out again? I must have pushed myself to hard to quickly. This could be a real setback in finding Josie, but that man…he knew Josie. He even said he was her granddaughter.

Could it be that he was telling the truth? To be honest, I was too afraid to ask again. Because if it was true that Josie was his granddaughter then what reason could she really have to try and kill him?

It would mean…

She really was just a cold blooded killer.

………………………………………………………………….

Author’s Note

Okay, Okay, put your knives away! Don’t kill me! Yes, Jason is starting to doubt his love for Josephine…STARTING. Doesn’t mean he will give up on her! Just a tad bit of doubt…

But come on!

It had to happen sometime…

Right?

Jason still loves Josephine!

Sometimes I feel like I seriously have no control over my characters. Josephine is even doubting herself! Although, I noticed she does that quite a lot lately…

Crap, Now I am referring to my characters as if there really people! Anyway…

Vote, Comment, and Fan

Love JosephinexJason,

Emilestie