[04]: TWINS PEAK

CHAPTER FOUR;
[ TWINS PEAK ]
[VIBRANCE || FRED WEASLEY]

—CHAPTER FOUR;[ TWINS PEAK ][VIBRANCE || FRED WEASLEY]

THREE DAYS LATER, ARDEN FELT NO LONGER THRILLED BY HER FOREIGN surroundings. Although the castle was quiet lovely and had plenty of aspects for her to explore, Arden had begun to realize that she felt more alone than ever once the week of adjustment had come to a dwindling end. Her days had become longer, the time she spent asleep being the only escape that Arden had from the crippling isolation that had been placed upon her like a cold blanket. She wanted to go home more than she ever had before, but with the knowledge that no such thing would be possible, it seemed as if though Arden's entire world had slowly begun to collapse.

Her roommates, which she had learnt were named Alice, Francis, and Meredith, were rather good at waking the girl up with their loud footsteps and continuous giggling. Alice, who had lavish blonde hair that reached her waist, was rather sweet and far too cheery for Arden to become accustom to within a matter of days. Although, the girl was an expert at spelling hair and wrinkled clothing, something that she had done to everyone while they were sleeping throughout the duration of the week. She had figured, though, because Arden had never once awoken to already soft and straightened hair.

"Can you pass me the shampoo?" Alice soon called out from inside one of the shower stalls. Instinctively, Arden snatched the strawberry scented bottle from the counter and handed it to the girl, earning a light hearted 'thanks!' in response.

She continued to brush her teeth before lacing her hair into the exact same Dutch braids she had worn the days before—silver strings intertwining amongst the coal locks. It wasn't long until she was arriving at the Great Hall, a sleepy Sunny and a grumpy Rowan reading The Daily Prophet greeting her.

"Anything new today?" Arden questioned as she poured herself a steaming pot of black coffee, eyes lingering on Thea and Jason who were engrossed in a private conversation across from her.

Responsively, Rowan shook her head, "Nothing much," she answered, "Just the usual articles about the dementors and the notorious Sirius Black."

Ah, Sirius Black. The criminal who had supposedly murdered for fun and willingly revealed the location of his best friends hideout to Lord Voldemort—inevitably earning the pair their brutal deaths. It was all the students had been talking about during the week: Sirius Black this and Sirius Black that. In Arden's opinion, she didn't exactly care much. There were plenty of criminals out there and no one put as much effort into their whereabouts as they did to the pureblood wizard. "Boring," Arden sighed, grabbing a piece of bacon from a silver platter, eyes rolling at Rowan's answer. "Anything else?"