Chapter 1

"Izzy get your ass out here before I make you walk to the bus" My mother shouts.

I dash out the door grabbing bag on the way out before she could pull out. Today was the first day of school and I was dreading it. I have always hated going to school, I was the nobody that always gets bullied and I can sadly say Im used to it. It's not like anyone cared anyway. The bus came all too soon and before I could even stand my little brother was dashing out of the car and into the open doors of the noisy bus. pulling my hood up I walk with my head down and pick an empty seat in the back. As I sit the few people around me stop talking and stare, I ignore then and put my earbuds in. Even as i sat facing the window I could feel eyes of the people around me. I watched as the bus speed up and the countryside became a blur. After what seemed like a few hours but could only have been twenty minutes or so I felt a cold hand on my shoulder . I turned and look up at the boy. He had cold brown eyes and white blond hair.

"Um we are at school " says the blond.

I quickly stand up and follow the kid inside the school. When he turns and leaves im left in a small gym filled with chattering teens. Looking back down at my feet I walk quietly to a corner and pull out my book. A half an hour later the high pitched bell rung, signaling me to head to my first class. English

I enter the room and find a seat at the first table I saw. I look around and a tall kid sitting at the table beside me catches my eye. He's wearing a red shirt with the sleeves cut off and has muscles that every girls dreams of in a boyfriend. He has shaggy dirty blond hair and warm blue eyes and a kind smile. Sitting to the right of me is a short talkative kid. To the left of me is a girl with brown hair and tan skin.

"Im Preston, what's your name?" the short kid beside me asks

"My names Isabella but you can call me Izzy." I reply.

"Nice to meet you Izzy, are you new thi.." Preston was cut off by another voice.

"My name is Mrs.Gibson and I will be your english teacher for this year" says a the woman at the front of the room.

Quickly realizing it's going to be a boring class I pull out my book and start reading. The next thing I know the tall kid and preston are talking. I go to open my book again but preston stops me.

"Wait Izzy,before you go back to reading I want you to meet my friend Lucas." preston gently shoves lucas my way. Lucas replies with a shy smile and a quite "Hi". I wave and lucas sits down beside me. Lucas and I talked till the bell rang and I headed down to my locker to grab the binder for my next class. I wasn't in a hurry because my I was close to where I needed to be. I closed my locker and walked into the classroom behind me. I see preston sitting at a table with a few other kids I recognized from around the building. he smiles and waves me over. The class flies by and in a blink of an eye it's time for science. I rush to my locker and grab my notebook and setoff and a fast walk. I made it to class and slid in a seat right before the bell rang. The teacher in this class talked quickly and then pulled out a hat with a bunch of names inside.

"when I come around to your table everyone take a piece of paper and go stand by that person."

The teacher came to my table last and we all reached into the hat and pulled out a name. I looked down and the name of the person written surprised me. Lucas . I gathered up my stuff and walked over to him. He shot me a shy smile and waved.

"Hi Izzy."

"Hi" I said back.

The rest of the day seemed to drag on and I was grateful when the final bell rung. Dashing to my bus I sat in the same place as I had this morning.

-Time skip-

"Isabella Smith get in here." calls my mom. I gather up my stuff and look up at the blue sky above me before I head inside.

"Izzy, dinner is done" says my mom while handing me a bowl of beef stew.

"Thanks mom." I say and sit down to eat. It was a good stew but by the time i got up to put my bowl in the sink I was really tired.

"I'm going to take a shower and head to bed." I tell my mom as I make my way to my room. I grab some short shorts and a tank top and head to the bathroom. The hot water warmed my skin and I leaned against the wall of the shower letting the water slide down my back. I shut the water off and wrap a soft towel around my body. I get dressed and slide into bed. My eyes quickly droop closed.