Chapter Two

I wake up to the sound of my alarm and sit up,reaching over to silence the annoying buzzing. Im always the first one up and it's my job to get my mom and my brother up. I walk over to my dresser I pull out a star wars tee and some jean shorts then throw my hair in a quick braid and brush my teeth. I trudge down the stairs to wake up the others. By the time they were up I had my boots on and went to wait in the car. Pulling out my book I realized I would need to visit the library soon as I was almost finished with my book. I read until I hear the doors open and my mom and brother pile in. By the time the bus pulled to a stop in front of the road the sun was already high in the sky and beating down on my back. I chose the same seat as I had yesterday but instead of putting my earbuds in I turn toward the blond boy and introduce myself.

"Hi, my names Izzy. I was kinda rude yesterday and wanted to say sorry." I said in a small voice.

"Oh hello. My name is Kane and it's ok, you were not being rude." he replied with a smile.

Kane and I talked until the bus stopped in front of the school. We both head inside and go our separate ways, him to see his friends and I head to the library. There were so many books, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. It was hard to only chose a few as there was so many that sounded good. I ended up settling with a romance book and a Sci-fi novel that looked interesting. As I head up to the front desk to check out the book I find myself suddenly knocked to the ground,the books in my hand flying across the floor. I look up realizing I was absorbed in my own thoughts and had ran right into the one and only Lucas. 

"I'm so sorry lucas, I wasn't paying attention." I say.  I could feel my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. Lucas smiles and offers me a hand.

"It doesn't matter but are you ok?" he says with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah im fine. Thanks for asking." I say grabbing his hand. He hands me my books that I dropped and we both walk up the desk and check out our books. Just as we grabbed our books from the librarian the bell rang. 

"Hey Izzy do you want to sit by me in class today?" lucas asked.

"Yeah sure that sounds great." I replied. Once we got to class we both headed to the table closest to the door and sat down. Mrs.Gibson was gone today so the substitute just let us talk for the class. 

"So lucas do you do any sports?" I asked. Right before Lucas could answer Preston popped in between us.

"Yes, yes he does. Don't let him be all modest. He's the best runner in the state. Lucas is a track star." preston finishes with a broad grin on his face. I turn and look at lucas trying to hide his red face 

"I'm not that good...." Lucas mumbles,rubbing his neck and looks down.Preston scoffs with a look of disbelief on his face.

"Izzy, dont listin to him,he is an amazing runner,  he trains really hard and has natural born talent." Preston says with a smile. I turn and look to lucas who still seems embarrassed. My eyes wander to his muscles again. They are really nice...Lucas seems really strong. Wait, am I staring...oh no. Did he just ask a question?  I force myself to look away.

"huh?" I mumble. Preston and Lucas laugh obviously finding something funny. I feel my cheeks flush.

"What yall laughin at?" I ask looking at the boys for an answer.

"Someone just ran into a wall. Don't worry, we were not laughing at you." lucas says in a reassuring voice. I let out a breath that I didn't know I had been holding. I felt relieved that they were not laughing at me, after all they are the only people I have really talked to in this school. The bell rang, we all got up and headed out the door. As I step out the door I feel my chest start to hurt. There we so many people in the hallway. Too many.  I take a step and press my back against a wall and squeezed my eyes shut hoping the feeling of panic would die down. 

"Izzy!" I hear a voice say nearby. I open my eyes and swing my head around to face Lucas. He takes one look at my face and gently grabs my wrist pulling me down the hallway to a secluded corner. 

"Izzy are you ok?" Lucas asks with panic thick in his voice. I look around and breathe out. There are only a few people close.

"Yea im okay now...There was too many people there. I don't like crowds. " I answer in a small voice. Lucas looks and me with worry in his eyes.

"Well in that case why don't we wait here till the crowd goes away then?" Lucas asks.

"But you will be late to class by the time it's clear." I say. 

"Then I guess I will be late if it means making sure you are safe." he says. I feel my face twist upwards into a smile, no one has ever seemed to care about me this much and I only met lucas yesterday. He is a popular jock, why would he care about someone like me? I was no one special. 

"There is less people now, do you want to go? Lucas asks. I nod my head and we start walking to my locker. I grab what I need and turn to enter class. 

"Thanks lucas, and again, if you're late im sorry." I say. I felt bad at the fact that he might be late. 

"It's ok. It will be worth it." lucas replies with a smile and walks off. I head into class and sit down right as the bell rings. I internally cringe, lucas will be late for sure. For the rest of the class I can't keep my mind off of lucas. His cute curly hair, his cute smile, The hair on his face... it all looks so amazing. I felt so safe when I was close to him and he smells so good.. is that weird? Probably.  

Im jolted from my thoughts when the bell rings. I quickly gather up my stuff and head to the door. When I finally push through all the people I come face to face with none other than lucas. My face turns into a smile without me realizing it. 

" Hey Izzy. I thought we could walk to science together." He said in a shy voice.

"That sounds great" I say. We walk to class.  After lucas saw how crowds affected me he walked me to my classes the rest of that day. Before I knew it I was getting on the bus. I plopped down into my seat and waved to Kane. The rest of the ride I worked on homework. When I got home I found a note on the kitchen table. Izzy, I'm working late and your brother is at a friends. Leftovers are in the fridge - mom  I dash up to my room and change into some clothes for running. Throwing my running shoes on I grab my earbuds and head out the door. I jog down the driveway and break into a run when I hit the dirt road. I love the feeling of adrenaline pumping in my veins. After a mile or so I turn around and head towards home again. I open the door and a blast of cold air hits me. It feels amazing after running in the high temperature. I head to the bathroom and take a shower,after getting out I realized that I should probably eat. 

-TIME SKIP-

The minute my head hit the pillow my eyes fell shut.

I will edit the mistakes tomorrow yall <3