chapter 5

**Triger warnings**
Izzys p.o.v
The steps increase in volume until they pause and the sound of a key in the old lock can be heard. Katie nuges me and I stand, trying not to painc. Each of the girls straighten themselves up and motion for me to do the same. I smell the "master" before I see him, the smell of stale beer hitting my nose. As he steps on the landing of the stairs I get a good look at him, he looks to be mid 30's with a small amount of facial hair and a gut that sticks out of the bottom of his white stained shirt and hangs over the lose fitting blue jeans. He scans each of us, smiling when his eyes Land on me.
"Ah, newbie your awake. Glad to see this one made though the ride alive" he says with a sly smirk.

I feel the panic set in the put of my stomach and my knees go weak. There was someone before me....that he killed? What kind of sick fuck is he?
He doesn't take his eyes off me as he asks
" Katie make sure she is well rested tonight. She will be put to work tomorrow. Oh and don't forget to clean her wound.... she was a naughty girl and tried to fight."

My stomach drops again as I glance down to see blood seeping through the white shirt. The pain and realization hit me all at once and I feel my mind go blank and my legs turn to jelly. The images of Katie rushing to my aid as I collapse are the last thing I see that night.
Lucas p.o.v
Jumping in my truck I realize I didn't inform my father of why I skipped half of the day. No doubt he was drunk before nine but it wouldn't of mattered anyways, I've got a beating ahead of me. I walk into the door to see my father with his hand around my mother's throat while waving an empty vodka bottle in her face, accusing her of drinking it. His drunken state says all that is needed to confirm where the alcohol really went. I feel the rage blinding me as he smashes the bottle at her feet. Before my brain can comprehend I'm on top of him, yelling and punching with the days stress.

"How dare you hit my mother. He has been nothing but kind to you and you use her money and spend it on worthless alcohol and drugs."

He quickly regains his strength and throws me against the wall, advancing in my direction with the remains of the smashed bottle in hand. I'm able to cover my head with an arm before the glass plants itself into the already damaged skin, leaving shards of glass stuck in my arm.

"How dare you attack your father, I am your elder and you will respect me!" He bellows, delivering a swift kick to the ribs with every word.

"George stop it" my mother whimpers.

"Alight, if you wanna take his punishment then strip and meet me in the basement with the whip." He growls.

My mother nods in submission, trudging down the stairs. My father gives another kick, this one to the stomach before leaving. I'm left in the Floor clutching my ribs. Using the wall as support I climb up the stairs to my room, trying to push away the guilt of knowing my mom will pay for my actions. I reach into my bag and pull out my laptop, amazed that the screen was intact after being hurled into the wall with me. Sighing with relief I open it up and begin research of the local crime history, hoping that another case would give me more clues about what happened to Izzy. With hours of no luck I stand up and pace the room in frustration, thinking of ways to be helping. I stop in my tracks when I hear high piched screams coming from down the stairs. It must be my mother. He uses he whip to punish her and then he uses her body as he pleases until he is satisfied. He used to do it to Katie before she ran away and was never seen again. My mom reckons she comited suicide and has never let herself forget it, thinking it was her that drove Katie away. It was really my father, who felt it was okay to rape her from the age of 7 until she ran away. He's a sick basterd that's for sure. None of us dare say a word about it though, he would kill us in an instant. I know Katie is alive, I can feel it. Nothing has been the same sense she left. Everyday the scars that cover my body remind me of how much of a screw up I am. The memories sink in and make me a prisoner in my own thoughts. I needed my high, my fix to stop the emotions. I grab the blade and lift my shirt, slowly dragging the dull blade across my stomach watching as the skin puffs and the beads of blood apear. The pain takes over any other thought as I drop to the floor, Tears finding their way down my face leaving wet streaks. I keep slicing my skin, trailing the lines of my abs up to my shoulder and over the semi healed cuts from just days ago. I sit in kind of a trance, the feel of it numbing me enough to slip into a fitful sleep.

I'm running through the woods, the branches and bushes catching on my exposed skin. I turn to see my father chasing me, screaming words that don't belong to him,but belong to the people that bully me in both the past and the present. I look forward again to spot a cliff not even a 100 meters away. I pump my legs faster, letting the fear and adraliane fuel my wish for death. Just before the drop a person catches my eye, it's katie. I try to look away but I can't, instead tripping on in a root in the ground. I land face forst and flip to my back scrambling to get up. Katie morphs into a giant with the voice of izzy, spurting crude insults. With one last push of my legs I'm hurtling towards the rock bottom of the cliff.
Sorry for the extremely late update, lots of stuff has gotten in the way.