chapter 7

Izzy

It's amazing how fast a human body develops a routine.  In just a few days I have managed to fall into one.  Walking up before the others,  and sitting and thinking,  wishing. A silent breakfast with the "master". Reading until I am forced to talk to one of the girls,  cleaning then lunch and dinner.   Today though...  Something happened.   I sit in the corner,  wrapped in a paper thin blanket; reading a book that I've already read about a million times.  It's something familiar from home.  Reading always was my escape . As I turn the page my sleeve falls down,  exposing the ugly handprint that's has turned into a dark bruse.  I shudder, trying not to let my thoughts linger on the bad things but instead let my thoughts wander to Lucas.  More than once has this happened. Just as I'm about to doze off a loud sound echos off the concrete walls.  I snap my head up just in time to see the all too familer master making his way down the stairs. 
"Surprise surprise girls,  today's a field trip"
We all look to one another in shock, as this has never happened before. 
"Well get up, and hurry up. "
Bailey steals one last glance at me before speaking up.  "M-Master? "
His stomach moves as he laughs.
"Come on girls, the suns a shineing. 
We all quickly stand and shuffle up to him.  Unexpectedly he leans in,  grabbing my hair and pulling me closer. 
"Try to run and I swear it will be your dead body I hide in the attic next."
Nodding I pull back,  now trembing.  He claps his hands together and ushers us up the stairs and out the front door.  Shielding my eyes I look around trying to memorize the details.  It's a fairly big house in the middle of a big field,  no roads to be seen.  The van is sitting in the driveway that leads down past the trees.  That must be where the road is.  I see parts of dirtbroke I have never seen before,  all back woods so we couldn't be seen.  I thought about making a run for it,  but decided against it.  In all honesty I was afraid. Very afraid.  We were taken to a small building off the side of a gravel road.  Master knocks and enters,  ushering us in and closing the door.  In the dim light I can see a big desk,  my eyes trail up and find a man sitting there, a man I thought I would never see again.  "Ah so you bought them.  Looks like a good selection today.  " his voice scares me, all to familer.
Master nods before speaking.

"Yes I did, like I promised. Im not selling them today though, but I have the one you requested. You can have a an hour with her. "

My mouth gose dry and my stomach drops, I know exatly who "her" is. Its me. My knees get weak as he stands and pushes the chair back,  smirking. 
"Izzy,  we have something to continue. "