Fireworks (an imagine for @Quidditchismylife)

You gazed, absentminded, across the Great Hall. Seamus Finnigan, the Irish prince of Gryffindor, was wolfing down three whole egg sandwiches. Most people didn't find gulping attractive, but to you it was kind of cute. Seamus was cute in general. And today was a special day. Today, you had to work with Seamus in Potions.

You smoothed down your skirt excitedly. Seamus would have to talk to you today. People normally didn't talk to you. You were quiet, and completely unnoticeable. Seamus tried to talk to you occasionally, but you ended up staring at your feet out of shyness every time. Today, you were determined to look him in the eye when he spoke.

The tables started to file out of the hall. You grabbed your bag hurriedly, leaving behind a half-eaten plate. Who could eat at a time like this?

You arrived at the Potions dungeon early, so you sat on a stool at the back of the classroom. Quickly, you pulled a muggle compact mirror out of your bag and checked your face. You weren't sweating, and your mascara hadn't smeared. Good. Today was going to be perfect.

People started to walk in to the classroom, and you shoved the mirror back in your bag. No one reacts well to vanity prone people.

It was getting late. Where was Seamus?

Suddenly he ran in,his hair disheveled and his tie crooked. Merlin, he was cute. Even his dusty freckles seemed cute at the moment.

He rushed over to you, jumping dramatically onto his stool just as Snape glided in. With the length of his robes, it never seemed as if he simply walked; he glided.

"Good morning, students. I see you have already gotten together with your assigned partners. Very well. Instructions are on the board. Today you are making an aging potion. You may begin," said Snape in a monotone voice.

"Do you know how to put a cauldron over flames without blowing it up? I certainly don't," muttered a thick Irish voice. Your heart did cartwheels when you realized he was addressing you.

"If you pulled your head out of your arse, you might be able to, Finnigan," yelled someone from behind you.

Seamus whipped around. "Have you been looking at my arse then, Weasley?"

"Yeah," said the mysterious voice sarcastically. "It's downright sexy. What do you think, Y/N? Is Finnigan's arse sexy?"

"I wouldn't know, I haven't been looking," you reply nervously. "Have you been looking? That's pretty scandalous, Weasley. What would Granger say?"

"Nice one, Y/N!", Seamus whispered. He held up his hand, and you high-fived it. Tiny fireworks erupted in your stomach.

From the sound of his footsteps, Weasley was pretty mad. He thundered back to his seat.

"Mr. Weasley, I do not teach elephants. Five points from Gryffindor," hissed Snape.

Seamus laughed. "Do you plan to take part in this lesson, Y/N? I feel like....... causing mischief instead."

"Of course I don't plan on working. What were you thinking of doing?", you stuttered.

"Kaboom. That's all I ever think about. Boom, boom, and more boom."

Your heart was racing. Seamus wanted you to help with his famous pyrotechnics? This had to be a dream.

"What kind of kaboom?"

"Big kaboom. One that will ensure I am not forgotten as the Master of Boom-ation."

"Is that even a word?"

"It is now. Grab some salamander skin, we have work to do."

You smiled and got to work.

**********

Twenty minutes later, you had fixed up a pretty neat firework. All Seamus' idea, of course. You wouldn't be taking any credit for this. He was the Master of Boom-ation, after all.

The firework was fixed neatly inside of your cauldron. When there was ten minutes of class left, you and Seamus had a plan to set it off.... directly over Snape's desk.

Of course, the contraption in the cauldron was nothing compared to the fireworks dancing in your heart. You were having the best day of your life, and nothing could make it bad. Not even-

"C'mon, Y/N, there's twelve minutes left! We have to get it in position!"

Seamus had planned the plan down to a second. Every millisecond was accounted for.

"Right, sorry, let's move the cauldron...."

Together, you grabbed the cauldron and heaved it towards Snape's desk. He took no notice, for he was reading a book.

Quietly, you slid the cauldron under his desk. Seamus lit the match.

He stuck it under the cauldron and then-

BOOM.

You had never heard such a loud bang in your life. You laughed, and Seamus grabbed your hand. Oh Merlin, was he really? Did he really grab your hand? Oh Merlin. Oh Merlin.

The fireworks in your stomach became louder than the actual firework you had just built.

As Snape's desk exploded and the words 'I HATE POTIONS' written in shimmery letters dominated the air, a look came over Seamus' face. He turned toward you, and you wondered if you had done something wrong.

He touched your face lightly.

He smiled.

And suddenly you were sharing a kiss with Seamus Finnigan. The fireworks in your heart roared louder than ever.

"WHAT are you two DOING?"

Snape was livid. He looked down on you and Seamus, but none of your euphoria died.

"You both will report to my office-"

Snape was cut off by the cheering behind him.

"Finally, Seamus! I thought you would never do it!"

"He finally grew the balls to kiss her."

"MY PANTS ARE ON FIRE FROM YOUR FIREWORKS, FINNIGAN!"

"Is this just a diversion so Seamus can grope Y/N under the desk?"

You laugh, but tears come to your eyes. Had Seamus really liked you before this?

He was grinning wider than you had ever seen him grin.

The fireworks were growing out of control. But you didn't care.

You were too busy tending to your own issues.

In other words, you were too busy kissing Seamus to care.