I'll always be here for you (an imagine for @pottercenafan)

"Y/N?"

Startled, I looked behind me to see who said my name. It was Draco Malfoy. His blond hair wasn't sleeked back as usual, but it was hanging in front of his face, giving him the look of a puppy scared witless. What did he want?

"Hey Draco, what's up?", I asked casually. I had nothing against him, but we didn't talk much, except in class.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "I was wondering..... if maybe you'd go to the Halloween dance with me?"

My friendly smile was replaced with one of pity almost instantly. How could I break this to him without being an absolute bitch?

"Draco.... I..... don't know how to say this," I stuttered nervously. His eyes suddenly lost their carefree look, and I wondered if he had spent hours gathering courage for this. I immediately felt like the evil slut that every muggle reality TV show has.

"I'm..... already going to the dance...... with..... Ron Weasley."

I regretted saying the name of my date instantaneously. I mentally slapped myself; he was Draco's worst enemy, and I was positive that Draco would hate me now.

His eyes started filling, and he hastily blinked to rid them of tears. I felt bad, almost as if I had broken his heart or killed his firstborn or something. That's a bit extreme, I know, but I'm the guilty type. I'll feel bad even if I hate you and I just stepped on your toe.

Draco took a shaky breath. "It's okay, Y/N, don't worry about it," he said cheerfully. His tone of voice didn't match his facial expression. "I'll just go stag with my friend Goyle. No harm done."

Yet his eyes implied the exact opposite as he turned on his heel and walked into the castle, out of my sight.

***** 1 month later*****

"I hate you, and I will NEVER in a million years sleep with you!"

Tears ran down my face as I screamed at my boyfriend, or rather, soon-to-be ex-boyfriend. He wanted me to SLEEP with him! To my embarrassment, I could feel my nose running and my cheeks starting to redden with anger.

Ron's face was livid. "You should feel grateful. You don't deserve me, you sneaky little whore. You're so ugly that you should be happy I even look at you! And I'm done with you!" His face grew redder than his hair, and then turned completely purple.

"We're only 16! And we've only been dating for a month! Could you be any more thirsty than you seem?" The tears were falling thick and fast now as I spun around and ran. I kept running, until I could no longer hear his enraged screams behind me.

Sobbing, I took cover behind a tree by the lake. I sank to my feet, struggling to stay awake. It was about three in the afternoon, but I just wanted to sleep. I wanted to forget everything.

My vision was blurry, but I could make out a figure with bright blond hair rushing towards me. He dropped to his knees, looking at me. The world started getting darker; but I could see a pair of bright blue eyes swimming in the darkness before me.... and then they disappeared too.

Everything turned to black.

*******************

I awoke to the same blue eyes that were before me when I blacked out. This time, the eyes were attached to a face. It was a face with golden hair and a small nose.

It was Draco Malfoy.

My heart instantly filled with regret. I had just dumped Ron, who I had rejected Malfoy for. Was he here to enact revenge on me?

Slowly, I realized that I wasn't under the tree anymore. I was in a room, and it was warm. There was a fire crackling in the corner, and I was laying on a bed that smelled strongly of something...... musky? Cologne, maybe? The entire interior was wooden, and with a jolt, I realized I must be in Hagrid's hut.

Draco blinked, and for the first time, I wondered if he has always been that cute. There were black streaks in his hair now, and he looked.... there was no way to describe it...... cool. Like a vampire or a prince or something. But there was pain in those eyes, hidden behind the concern that he looked at me with now.

"What happened?", asked Draco softly. He seemed genuinely concerned about how I was before.

"It was just..... nothing. I'm fine. I am perfectly okay. Nothing to worry about. Terrific. Great," I started babbling nervously. Why did he make me so nervous?

"I heard your boyfriend-"

"EX-boyfriend," I interrupted angrily. I never wanted to be connected to that prick again.

Draco didn't seem shocked at all. "Fine, I heard your ex-boyfriend yelling at you. That doesn't really seem okay in my book." He raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"I........"

I couldn't really say anything, so I began to cry. It had been a long day. Draco immediately looked at me sorrowfully, but I kept crying anyway.

Draco wrapped his arms around me. Suddenly, his lips were at my forehead.

"It's okay now," he whispered. "You have nothing to worry about."

Shocked at his affection, I kissed his cheek and sniffled.

Draco smiled. "Don't worry about a thing. I'll always be here for you."

******A/N******

BEFORE YOU ALL KILL ME, I DO NOT HATE RON. I LOVE RON. HE IS AMAZING. HE JUST TURNED OUT EVIL AND RAPIST-Y FOR THE SAKE OF THIS IMAGINE.

That being said, I hoped you all liked it. I know it sucks, but..... IM SORRY I TRIED OKAY.

Did anybody else completely cry over the Quidditch World Cup Final? I cried. A lot. Krum was amazing.

OH and before I forget to say something, me and one of my friends made a tumblr! So if you want to go follow it for random, sporadic reblogs of random posts, go do that.

I-go-to-seek-the-golden-snitch.tumblr.com

Anywayyyyy, I hope you guys are having an amazingly amazballs summer (or winter or whatever it is wherever you are)!!

I solemnly swear that I will try to update more. and thanks to everyone who got me to 115 votes!!!!!!! Thanks so much guys!!!!

See ya,

josieeee