Chapter 13

Chapter 13

       Moving away from my old home was to avoid all those rumours that were spread about me. I couldn't handle hearing all those lies when I was trying my best to raise my son all by myself. His mom was off having the time of her life and I had to spend countless nights awake to take care of him.

       I never thought any type of rumour would come back.

       I stayed home from school on Monday and Tuesday so I could take care of Xavier. During the day, he seemed perfectly fine after everything that happened, but at night, he was always waking up crying because he didn't want to see his mom. He kept thinking he had to go back there, no matter how many times I assured him he wouldn't have to see her for a long time.

       So I was up almost all night because of him. Mom didn't have to work Wednesday, she she took care of him during the night so I would be able to go back to school.

       Shortly after I walked into the school, Nova hurried over to me. "Hudson, there is a huge problem," she said.

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "What kind of problem?"

       "Well, I walked into the school and I started hearing everyone talking about the same thing," Nova said. "About how you're a dad."

       "....What?" I asked.

       "Everyone knows you're a dad," Nova said. "I don't know how they found out, but they did, and now everyone's talking about it."

        I took a deep breath. "That's fine. Absolutely fine. As long as they're not saying anything else."

       Nova stared at me for only a moment before looking away, and I knew there was a lot more than she was telling me.

       "Nova?" I asked. "What is it?"

       "Nothing," Nova said.

       "Nova, seriously, what is it?"

       Nova sighed. "I heard some people talking and they were saying that after you and Jolie had your baby, you just took him and moved away without telling her."

       The moment she said that, I know exactly who started the rumour. I didn't know why, or when, but it was definitely Jolie. Looks like someone was going to get a visit from me today.

       I didn't understand why Jolie was acting this way. She took off without any warning or contact, and when she came back she wanted to be in Xavier's life, but she just left him home alone and put his health in jeopardy.

       I was really hoping I wouldn't hear anymore of the stupid rumours going on, but some people were actually approaching me throughout the day asking if it was true or if I felt good taking a little boy away from his mother.

       It got up to the point where I had to leave school after lunch because I couldn't handle it anymore. Nova assured me it will all drop soon, but I really didn't know if that was true. Teenagers really loved gossiping.

       When I left the school, I headed to the prison where Jolie was being held awaiting her trial. I got there and asked one of the guards if I could visit here, but I had to wait a few minutes. When it was finally time for me to visit Jolie. A guard led me to the room where the visitations were taking place and to where Jolie was sitting.

       She glared at me when I sat down. "I hope you're happy," she said. "Getting me arrested. Do you not know how hard it is being in prison?"

       "Oh no, how horrible," I said sarcastically. "Let me just go back in time and not call the cops for putting my son's life in danger."

       "Our son," Jolie corrected.

       "Our?" I asked. "The only thing that makes you his mother is the fact that you carried him for nine months and gave birth to him. I'm the one raising him. I'm the one who had to potty-train him, teach him how to crawl, walk, talk. I'm the one who has to wake up every damn night to calm him from a nightmare or help him fall back asleep. And what do you do? Take off without ever contacting him."

       "I did what I had to do," Jolie said. "I wasn't ready to be a mom."

       "And you think I was ready to be a dad?" I asked. "I was fifteen. I was the same age as you, yet I still took the responsibility. You didn't."

       "I came back, didn't I?" Jolie asked.

       "No, you didn't come back," I said. "You just so happened to move where I live. You didn't even seem to want Xavier back in your life, especially after what you did Friday night. He could have died if Nova didn't see photos of you at a party."

       Jolie scoffed. "Nova this, Nova that. Might as well adopt him already."

       "What are you talking about?" I asked.

       "She's trying to replace me as Xavier's mother," Jolie said.

       "Nova is just my friend," I said. "Of course she's going to be there for my son. And trust me, she can't replace what's never there."

       "Did you just come here to insult me?" Jolie asked.

       "No, I came here wondering why the hell you told people that I took Xavier away from you," I said. 

       "That wasn't me," Jolie said.

       "Don't lie to me," I said. "There is no way anyone could know that you and I have a kid together. What were you thinking? I'm the one trying my hardest raising a three year old little boy and all you do is go out partying, and people think you're the victim. I'm not going to play this game anymore. You are really going to regret messing with me and my son."

       "Do I need to correct you again?" Jolie asked. "Our son."

       "No, my son," I said. "If the roles were reversed and you were the one raising him, nobody would hesitate to call me out for being a horrible parent. You do not get a free pass just because you carried him for nine months. Now if you'll excuse me, I had to go back home to Xavier to help him forget about the time he was left home alone, and ate something he's allergic to."

       I got up and left. Jolie was not going to get away with the way she was acting.

_______________

Hudson slays. SLAY BOO SLAY

Annnnnnnnd IT'S GIF TIME NOW. GIF GIF GIF: (lol im obsessed help)

 GIF GIF GIF: (lol im obsessed help)

Nova when she sees Jolie. cx