Prologue

From "Rules of Engagement"

"Ken Kaneki, I love you. And that's why I'm breaking up with you."
"What?" Ken asked, her mouth an O of surprise.
"I love you, Ken. And I think you're beautiful. And I don't care where you live, I want to come over. I am different from other guys, from Ayato or whoever you've been with, and I will talk about you behind your back to tell everyone how amazing you are. As for your friends, I think Hide's annoying but a good guy and I'm glad you have him. And whether you want to hear this or not, I think your parents would want you to be happy, and I would hope that you find that happiness with, but it's just important that you find it at all. Although to be honest, if you're happy with another guy, I'll be seriously pissed." Shuu sighed before smiling. "I can't be near you if you're holding me back with rules. So, goodbye, darling."
And with that, Shuu leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss on Ken's soft lips before walking out of the room.
Ken just stared at the door he'd left through.
Until it opened a second later and he ran back in. "Sorry, sorry, I forgot to give you back your phone," he said, red from embarrassment at having ruined his dramatic exit, as he quickly dropped the phone on the bed and left.
Ken opened it to see that he'd changed both their usernames.

***

YourShuunshine:
I love you ❤️

Kenyouletmeloveyou:
I love you too.