1

Shuu left the hospital after breaking up with Ken. It was hard. But it was the right things to do. They hadn't really been dating. They'd just been pretending.
The way things were, he couldn't date her if he loved her because she would just push him away.
He'd have to wait until his feelings died down to even think about trying it again.
He sighed as his phone vibrated with a call. At first, he thought it was Ken because he didn't look at the caller ID. "Look, Ken, I-"
"Who's Ken?" His father sighed, and Shuu could imagine him shaking his head. "Never mind, I'll ask you about him later. Your mother's health has declined. I have business to attend to, and I need you to go to France to take care of her, all right?"
Shuu hesitated. "You want me to...to leave my home country?"
"Yes, son. It's the only way. I've instructed a servant to pack for you and bring your bags to our private jet. You land at 10 PM, and I have a driver scheduled to take you to your mother's residence. Safe travels." The phone clicked as his father hung up.
Shuu took a deep breath before putting his phone in his pocket. He didn't really have a choice, then. To France it was.
Maybe it was for the best that he'd ended things with Ken.
Or maybe not.
Time would tell.

***

"Rohypnol?" Ken asked, frowning, and Hide nodded.
"Somebody drugged your drink, Ken. What happened that night...it wasn't consensual, okay?"
"You're saying...I was...raped?"
Hide nodded, tapping his knuckle against the bed rail. "But you don't remember it due to the drug's effect."
"Why are you telling me this now? Why wait until today? You've known for a year, right?" Ken asked, her breathing getting quicker, and she clenched her jaw in pain from the bruising on her ribs.
"Because. I told Shuu to explain why you are the way you are, and I wanted you to know because I think you're strong enough now to handle it. Because of Shuu, you know that there are people who love you for you, even when you're being crazy paranoid and OCD."
Ken tangled her fingers in the thin cotton bed sheet. "Then, Ayato..."
Hide shook his head. "It wasn't him, Ken. He helped you close up that night but he left with Touka. He even submitted a DNA sample to prove his innocence. He just let you think it was him so you'd have some answers. We thought it would help you recover, but you haven't, not really."
Ken looked up at Hide. "Do you really think I'm strong enough?"
Hide smiled at her, tousling her hair. "I think you're going to need talk to a therapist. I think you're going to have to be patient for results. But, yeah, I think you're hella strong."
Ken smiled and leaned her head against Hide. "Thanks," she whispered before the medication in her IV prompted her to fall back to sleep.