【Chapter 3.2】

"𝕎𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘; 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕨𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟, 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕠

"𝕎𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘; 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕨𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟, 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕠."

― ℕ𝕒𝕠𝕞𝕚 𝕎𝕠𝕝𝕗

【Chapter 3.2】

I can keep my stamina how about you? I think we both can if I'm honest

Waking up at 8:00 am on a Saturday morning was nothing new to me. I was an early riser, always had been. However, given my anxiety about being back in Los Angeles and my slow adjustment to the time zone after having been on London's time was a pain in the ass. However, I knew it was an easy solution given my regular Protein smoothie routine that Noah and I created before our runs. In fact, once I started my day I would be perfect.

 I was eager to get reacquainted with the California sunshine after being deprived of it for so long due to living in London. I thought it would make my runs more enjoyable not to mention the gorgeous views of the morning. So with that final thought, I rolled myself out of bed urging Charlie's snores to a sad and pathetic halt. Kissing his head I pulled back looking into his groggy brown eyes.

"Let's start our day Charles. We have a lot to work to do." I informed him.

"Mmm. Woof" He groaned not wanting to wake up. He stared at me slightly more coherent now as I had opened the curtains to my window letting in the light. Ignoring the treehouse out of my window I quickly changed to my standard workout clothes consisting of my Victoria secrets sports bra and my high waisted yoga pants and my running shoes. Once I was dressed I grabbed my iPhone and beats headphones making sure I had my downloaded playlist all cued up. It was the latest instrumental to a song I was currently working on. I had created the instrumental part and played most of the instruments in the lyric-less track. It was only a rough work up as I was still in the developing stages and I didn't want to share it with the rest of the guys yet as I wanted it to be a surprise for Noah before we had the official recording done. Obviously, they would play all their respective instruments but I just wanted to create something organic on my own for him. It was my gift for him. 

I wasn't always so forthcoming as Noah about being open. Talking about my feelings wasn't easy because of my past but the music was. So when I wanted to express something to him that sometimes overwhelmed me or I found hard to voice I always turned to music. Despite my past, music had been my constant where I could lose myself in it and find myself it in all at the same time. It made sense when my life didn't. Music was my safe haven that became my sanctuary. And then Noah had too. My life had only gotten better once Noah entered. I mean sure we had setbacks as everyone did and my life wasn't perfect per se but my life was pretty perfectly flawed and that was something I could deal with.

Having gotten ready I headed downstairs with Charlie on my tail. (pun intended) We entered the kitchen and I headed straight to the blender. There was a note attached to the blender from Dad and Mom:

Good morning baby girl,

I hope you and Charlie have a nice run this morning! Please be sure to hydrate before and after your run Blue. Also, remember to take your medicine before you head out. I assume you already did but a gentle reminder can't hurt at all. Your car should be in late this afternoon around 1:30 so please be sure to be here when it does. Also, Mom stocked the fruit bowl for your smoothies that you and Noah make as well as the protein mix which is in the cabinet. Please be safe Blue.

Love,

Dad & Mom

P.S. please check in with either Noah or us after your run, please.

I smiled as I read the note which was clearly written by Dad. He certainly had the protective manner down pat. Although I'm sure he always would. Having already taken my meds upstairs when I was changing I went to work on my shake just as Charles went to the pantry returning a minutes later with his plastic dog bowl.

 I finished up the shake divvying up the contents between us and sent off my usual good morning text to Noah and one to Dad before setting my music to PLAY and waited for Charlie to drink up his portion. I looked around the empty kitchen figuring Chase must have still been asleep. From what I recalled he would often sleep late into the afternoons so I wasn't surprised by his lack of presence this early in the morning. Charlie barked at me eager to set off and so we did.

Making my way through the old neighborhood again was both a good and bad blast from the past. I remembered all the kids I grew up with and how they had mocked, judged and ridiculed from afar while I could only dream of being normal enough to one day join in and play with them. To be included while instead, I wasn't. But the thing about that all, is that I wasn't that same girl now. Only time would tell if they were the same people.  The difference I guess was perspective. Life was all about perspective.

As I let that thought work as a filter it worked to brighten the rest of my mental state during my run. I ended with a six-mile run and got some good sun and the chance to see the raw beauty of the morning back in LA.

Removing my iPhone from my running band I send Noah a text back telling him I broke my new record this morning for my three miles, I send him a picture of my sunny street and one with my tongue sticking out as I also beat his time. 

My hair is a mess, there is sweat dripping down my forehead, and my cheeks are red from the sunshine but a few seconds later Noah replies with a text message saying I couldn't look more beautiful and that he is going to kick my ass with a faster time on his next run. 

As I send one of my many witty smart ass responses I let Charlie into the house and follow behind him kicking off my shoes in the entryway. I make my way through the house to make my follow up smoothie and serve Charlie his breakfast. Pressing play to another song on my iPhone I work on blending up some more fruit listening to some old-school rock and as I finish, I gulp down the rest of it turning around to a set of 8 pairs of eyes trained on me.

Without missing a beat I respond with a flippant " Sup ."

Like, Comment, Share and stay tuned for my next chapter of Devon Blue!

Sneak Preview:

"Hello bitches, I'm back," I smirk sending a little finger wave in their direction for the full effect of classiness.

The shock of my smart mouth caught all ofthem off guard because before I had left I never would have dared to talk tothem like that or use that type of language especially directed at them. Thatwas the old Devon this is the new Blue, and she would be here to stay and live.