Chapter 16

Kardi POV

I haven't heard from Dave in over a week & it's making me sick. I mean I know we been going throw some stuff but I thought we worked it out. I've been calling, & right now in this point in my life I'm done calling him. So to get my mind off of him Justice & I are going out.

& before anyone says anything we are not going to the club. We were going to the movies to see girls trip & then to a bar for a few drinks.

It was now 7:12p.m & Justice would be here in the next few minutes or so. I was walking by Kendall's room when something caught my eye.

I walked into her room & over to the vanity. I picked up the iPad that had a note on it. It read

"Dear Diary,
I wish I could meet my parents but Kardi & Khalil say our dad is dead & they don't know what happen to our mom. I just wish my parents were in my life like they were my other siblings. I don't even know what my mom looks like, but I have seen a picture of my dad & that's the only reason I know what he looks like. Sometimes I wish Kardi was my mom. I mean she might as well be, she raised me. I love her so much but I just feel empty sometimes like on parent day all my friends parents come & I sit by myself. I don't give Kardi the invitation because I know she wouldn't want to come I mean she's not my mom. Well diary I guess that's it for today.
Kendall Roberson

"Is this really how she feels?" I asked myself as I looked over it again & I started  to cry a little.

I never would of thought she felt this way. I mean I can't possibly know what she goes through because mom & dad where always in my life up until dad died & mom left. When all of that did happen I was old enough to do most things on my own.

I put it back down & walked out of her room closing the door. I was going to talk to her but I wasn't going to let her know I read her diary because I know how that can be when someone reads your private thoughts.

I was walking back into my room to finish getting ready but the door bell rang. I walked downstairs to answer the door.

"Hey just give me a minute Justice" I said looking at my phone cause I had gotten a text

Slim💕: "around the corner"

After I read that I looked up coming face to face with Dave.

"Wassup?" He said smiling down at me

I looked at him like he was stupid & laughed.

"Wassup? You tell me" I said as I put my hand on my hip.

"Look baby I'm sorry I been busy & I came to surprise you" he said trying to kiss me but I moved.

"Yeah whatever what do you want? I have plans" I said looking behind him.

He looked back also seeing Justice car pull in my drive way.

"You going out?" He asked looking at me again

"Yes I am & if you don't mind I need to finish getting ready" I told him

"You going to the club?" He asked with this face I could not read

"Maybe" I said

"Man Kardi I told you I'm not letting you go to anymore clubs after what happen last time" he said.

"Who are you my dad?" I asked

"Man you not going to no damn club & that's all I'm going to say" he said all manly like. Which kinda turned me on.