Prologue

//

  She twirled the clear colored alcohol in her glass as she looked over the mesmerizingly blue sea. The soft chatter of the people behind her was just loud enough to hear over the blasting music. Lana closed her eyes and let her body soak up the greek sunrays. The breeze blew her hair in her face, but for once she didn't mind. For once she felt at peace.

  When she opened her eyes again she felt a pair of eyes on her. Looking to her left she spotted the captain of the catamaran cheekily grinning at her. Returning the smile, she winked at him and got out of her seat. As she approached him, she saw his gaze stuck on her like glue. She leaned in to whisper something in his ear: ''Better keep your eyes on the sea, Captain.'' His eyes snapped back to the front, the tiniest bit of pink blooming on his cheeks.

  The woman sank into the seat next to the steering wheel of the boat and sighed. ''You know,'' she began, ''I've been wondering, do you ever get used to this.'' She gestured to the beautiful landscape surrounding them. ''It must get old if you've seen it a hundred times.'' He laughed at her comment. ''Some things never get old,'' he replied, his greek accent very evident.

  The pair chatted for a while longer. Unfortunately, the captain's broken english caused a few obstacles, but Lana was able to guess his intentions before he made them known. It was her expertise, reading bodylanguage and tweaking hers in order to get the message across exactly how she meant it. She was an expert at getting people to do precisely what she wanted, without them knowing they'd been manipulated. For all they knew, their actions were purely based on their own decisionmaking.

  The moment was soon interrupted by the sound of Lana's ringtone. Glancing at her phone, she saw she had missed a few calls of the same unknown number. She excused herself from the captain and walked to a more private place to answer her ringing phone. When she answered her phone she stayed silent, waiting for the person on the other side to speak first.

''Lana?''

  Her face split into a grin as she recognized the voice on the phone.

''Kaliméra, Victor Sullivan, how far did you work your way up shit creek to reach out to me?''

He chuckled. ''I'm not up 'shit creek' yet, kid. I need your help.''

''Oh my, what would the great Victor Sullivan need my help with?'' She replied in a mocking yet playful tone.

''You remember Drake, right?''

  Lana arched an eyebrow, ''I thought he was retired? Didn't he marry that reporter... Ellie? Eleanor?''

''Elena. Yes he did, but it appears he's back in the business.''

''So, why do you need my help? I heard Drake is as good a wingman as any.''

''He is, that's not the point. I'm afraid this case is more personal than his previous adventures. I need someone who can do the inevitable if necessary. You still know how to shoot a gun, I hope?''

''Learned from the best,'' she chuckled. ''Alright, I'm in, where are you expecting me?''

''I'll send you the location. Make sure your Italian is on point.''

''Sì, signore.''

  With that Victor ends the call. Lana let the information sink in for a second, before letting out a snort. Who'd have thought that after all this time, she would resort back to jobs like this. She made her way to the front of the catamaran and saw the shore getting closer. A notification on her phone signalled the location of her next adventure.

''The Rossi estate in Italy, huh?''