Chapter VII

She is softly shaken awake by Victor. Seeing the sun had recently risen, and the soft lapping of the waves had replaced the sounds of the engine, she figured they'd arrived in Scotland.

  Lana uncurls herself from the chair, feeling her bones pop as she does so.

  Walking to the back of the plane, she saw Nate and Sam were already awake, and getting dressed warmly to combat the bitter cold.

  "Mornin'", Nate greeted her with a smile.

  Lana made an effort to smile back, finding difficulty in doing so as she was anything but a morning person. His words from yesterday hung in the back of her mind. She couldn't forget, even when telling herself it didn't phase her.

  "Morning, Drake," she replied, to which Sam also turned his head.

  Lana let out a chuckle. "I suppose I gotta get used to there being two Drakes now," she joked.

  She threw on her coat, which wouldn't be sufficient to keep her warm in this weather, but it was all she had.

  She followed the Drake brothers outside, jumping in the ice cold sea, before starting the climb up the cliff.

  It didn't take too long for the three of them to reach the top. Nate spoke with Victor using his walkie talkie while Lana took in the landscape.

  "It's beautiful here," she said, more to herself than to her companions.

  Sam looked up, he was trying to light a cigarette, which proved to be difficult with frozen hands, and replied; "Yeah." His eyes lingering on Lana's side profile for a moment, not longer.

  Nate walked up to them, tucking his walkie talkie in his pocket.

  "Let's go," he said ever so cheerful.

  His smile is temporarily wiped from his face at the explosion coming from the cathedral. The ground tremors at the impact, which the three of them could feel.

  ''At least we won't be anywhere near that,'' Nate said.

  Lana smiled halfheartedly while Sam's unlit cigarette hung limply from his lips, his frozen hands still rendering him unable to light it. Lana reached over, lit the cigarette with her own lighter in a swift motion, and started taking the lead towards the graveyard.

  Stiffling a chuckle, Nate followed the woman strutting down the icy hills, and Sam followed suit. The road towards the graveyard was no easy one, and soon they were climbing up and down the rocks.

  A small clearing came into view. Lana's brows furrowed at the sight of various equipment, clearly labeled with the word 'shoreline'. Her eyes widened one second after, as realization hit her.

  "Get down!" she ordered, and the men promptly listened. Taking cover behind a large boulder, they were met with bullets hitting away at the rock, missing their limbs by just a bit.

  "There's five of them," Nate stated. He risked another peek behind the boulder after a short pause revealed the men were busy reloading.

  Lana cocked her gun. "We're gonna have to get past these guys if we want to make it to the graveyard before dark."

  Sam nodded in agreement. The bullets once again whizzed past their heads, their angle changing.