Chapter Eight

Adam and I were sitting next to each other on the floor in an empty room, the Bucks sitting opposite of us as they continued signing their 8x10s. I slid Adam's stack of photos to him as I folded up the tee shirts. It had been an all an all quiet today; the rain could be heard bouncing off the top of the arena and thunder clapped every couple of minutes. I chewed on my bottom lip, picking at my nail beds every so often. "Do you guys need anything? I'm gonna go get a drink." I offered softly, as I stood up brushing off the back of my jeans. "Water." Matt and Nick chirped and I nodded. "You?" I asked, looking down towards Adam, he had completely zoned out, signing his photos and I smiled. I nudged my foot into his thigh and chuckled softly when he squirmed away from me. "What?" Adam huffed, looking up at me with his baby blues. I chewed on my lip, "Do you need anything? I'm gonna go get drinks." I repeated, looking down at him. "I'll go with you, Munchie." He grinned, standing up; I nodded padding towards the door, Adam following close behind.

"How're you holding up?" Adam asked, as he grabbed some food while I rooted around for drinks for everyone. "You mean with the storm or you know in general?" I murmured. "The storm, dork." Adam chuckled as he ruffled my hair and I pouted at him. "Don't mess up my hair!" I whined, shoving him playfully and he laughed. "Better than normal anyways to answer your question." I shrugged, carrying a few waters and a couple energy drinks for Adam and I. "Can you grab me a sprite?" I smiled, looking up at him. He nodded grabbing one and then we walked in step back to where we were.

"Hey, Adds!" I heard from behind, jumping slightly and clutching Adam's arm. "What? H-hi!" I stuttered out, as I slowly turned to see Dalton. "What do you want?" I seethed, my anger rising as he only smirked at me. Adam quickly turned and growled lowly. "Just wanna see how everyone's precious little girl is doing after her broken nose." He taunted, and I rolled my eyes. I felt Adam move closer to me; free arm wrapping protectively around me. "Good enough to beat you and your boys' asses." I quipped with a smirk as I spun around on my heel as I quickly made my way to my locker room. Adam fell into step behind me as I wrenched the door open. "Wait, what happened? Why're you both so angry??" Matt asked, as I tossed their waters to them, as I plopped back onto the floor. I shook my head, beginning to fold the boys' tee shirts again. "Alright, Adam what happened?" Matt huffed, before sipping from his bottle. "Just Dalton trying to be a dick." He shrugged as he began eating his food, as he sat down next to me. "She took care of it herself, though." He quickly added, as he scooted closer to me.

"Don't come closer, I don't wanna hit you accidentally." I murmured quietly, I could feel my anxiety rising slowly. I shut my eyes and took in a deep breath. "Shush." Adam whispered, as he pulled me closer to him, leaning his head on my shoulder. "I'm fine." I whispered, my eyes still shut tightly. He sighed, kissing the side of my head; I nestled myself even closer to him. Nick and Matt shared a knowing glance at Addy and Adam. Nick leaned over to his brother before he muttered, "It's just too sweet." Matt chuckled and stood, stretching out his legs. "Well, Nick and I have to head to the back to change. Can we trust you two not to suck each other's faces off?" I blushes and looked to the side while Adam shot daggers at the brothers. Matt and Nick chuckled before they left the room. I sighed and got off of Adam's shoulder, "I should probably go find Kyle." I looked at Adam, he nodded and didn't look up. He went back to signing autographs, so I left.

I wandered through the halls of the building aimlessly looking for Kyle before finding him in catering. I had been ignoring the heightening of my anxiety and dreading feeling of impending doom; I wasn't gonna let my anxiety get me today. I slid into the chair next to him, and gave him a small smile. "Hey." He muttered, as he continued to pick on his phone. "Are you almost done? I know we have to get ready." He nodded, chewing on his food. "What's wrong with you?" I questioned, taking a big sip of my energy drink. Kyle shrugged, "I'm just tired is all." He huffed, before standing up and getting rid of trash. He turned and motioned for me to follow him; I stood up and followed him into our locker room. "I just have to get dressed; I did everything else at the hotel today." I murmured from beside him, he only nodded. I sighed, extending my hand out to grab Kyle's hand, he smiled taking my hand as he opened the door to our room.

I Walk The Line - Adam ColeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara