Chapter 3: Sarah

Two evenings later Sarah waited in the interview room. Ethan had gone to get the next candidate. She'd interviewed one yesterday. It hadn't gone well. He'd seemed interested, but the way he'd looked at her had sent a shiver down her spine and not in a good way. So, she'd crossed him from her list and the rude man from the Viewing had dropped out. That left her with three. She glanced at the door. They should've been here by now. She hoped another candidate hadn't dropped out.

Her lingerie photos had garnered considerable interest, but more than half had declined the next stage of the process because of her demands. These men were used to either getting their way with women or having women dominate them. Most weren't ready for a little of both. After she'd given Ethan her list of seven, he'd suggested she lower her standards, but she'd refused. She wanted a man she was attracted to and one who'd agree to her rules. Most on the original list of twenty-two fell short in either the appearance department or their portfolios had requirements in them that she wouldn't do.

The door opened and Ethan entered followed by another man. She'd seen his picture of course, but there was something smooth, sensual and dangerous about him. He almost glided into the room, confident and pure male.

"Sarah, this is Nicholas." Ethan placed a cell phone on the table between them. They were to call when they were done or if they needed anything. "I'll leave you to your discussion."

As long as he didn't drool or give her the creeps, this man would do. He'd do very nicely. He had dark hair and a slight tint to his skin, like he was of Italian or perhaps Greek descent. His eyes were so brown they were almost black and framed by a strong brow and thick, dark lashes she'd kill for. His body was lean and muscular, his arms well defined. He wore jeans and a polo. She'd expected a suit like the other man had worn. Clothes that'd accentuate his wealth and power. Her eyes skimmed down his legs as he sat.

"Is Sarah your real name," he asked.

"Yes. Is Nicholas yours?" This was the man with the voice; the one that'd sent tingles through her with his words.

"Yeah, but my friends call me Nick."

"Am I your friend?" Things were looking up. Maybe, she'd be successful after all. He was attractive, smelled nice and his voice made her body hum.

"That's what we're here to find out, isn't it?" His dark eyes seemed to caress her as they trailed from her face to her breasts.

Her nipples tightened as if it were his fingers, not his eyes touching them. Luckily, she'd worn the padded, push up bra. It wouldn't do to let him know he affected her so easily.

"A drink?" He stood and walked to the bar.

She shouldn't. She needed to keep her mind sharp. This was where they'd negotiate her demands and his to see if they'd come to an agreement, but she found herself saying, "Yes, thank you."

"Red or white?" He pointed to the wine.

"Crown Royale on the rocks."

His lips quirked upward as his eyes gleamed with surprise. He turned and poured her a healthy drink. He filled another glass with Glenlivet scotch straight and came back to the table.

"Thank you." She accepted the glass, her fingers brushing against his for a moment and a tingle ran straight to her belly and lower. As far as attraction went, he'd do very, very nicely.

He sat down across from her, leaning back in his chair. She took a sip, letting the liquor relax her. She hadn't been nervous with the other candidate because there'd been nothing for her to lose. She hadn't found him attractive, but this man...this man she wanted.