Chapter One

Sun. Warm on my face. It peeks through the window. Even the curtain doesn't stop it. Opening my eyes I look up to the ceiling. All I see are the dull stars that used to light up when I was younger. Childhood. It was so simple back then. All we had to do was study. Now we have to think about our future, where we will end up. It bothers me. Not knowing what the future will bring us.

"Garroth! Wake up honey!"

I push myself to a sitting position. I guess I have to keep living in the present to see what the future will bring us.

***

Eating my toast I look up to meet the eyes of my mother. She smiles at me, I smile back but it doesn't reach my eyes.

"Are you okay GarGar?" She asked, worried.

"I'm alright, mum." I said munching and still trying my best to stay happy, atleast for my mother.

"You just seem a bit down. Is it girl trouble?"

As she said that I felt my fake smile turning into a line. That's the problem, it isn't girl trouble it's a boy that has been messing up my brain. He hasn't left my mind since the day I met him. Probably wouldn't leave it 'til the day I die.

"No, it's nothing you don't have to worry." I said standing up, discarding the toast and walking out of the room.

Zianna looks down at the table, sad eyes still trying to figure out what was troubling her eldest son. But until he says something she would have to be kept in the dark.

***

Figuring out highschool was hard for me in the start. Being a freshmen with no friends from middle school really sucked. Both of my brothers are younger than me so that means I was all alone. But then he came along. My bestfriend and my crush, Laurance. He was the cold air in the morning that would keep me down on my feet. He helped me become the better me and I helped him. Now in senior year things are a bit different. He hangs out with girls all thw time and I have been left out on the background. I guess it's okay, I mean I have Dante to be there for me. But he is obsessed with my little brother Vylad, so there aren't many topics we could converse on.

I walk into the English classroom, sit in the windowseat and look out. It was still sunny but some clouds were starting to hover. It would be rainy by the time I got out of school.

"Hey Garroth! How are you today!"

I look up startled and see that the person next to me, Laurance, has a small smile on his face.

"Hi Laurance. Im fine, how are you?" I say calmly, even though on the inside I was an emotional mess.

"I'm okay, I met some of the new freshmen we have this year. They seem to be just as shy as the last years ones." He said still smiling but the smile didn't reach his eyes.

"I can imagine." I say turning to the window and looking out. It had started raining. Droplets of water would drip down onto the windowstill. The bell rang. The class started. Laurance started flirting with some girl next to him. It was the beggining of another day.

Vote|Comment|Follow
-Potato