Chapter Two

The day flows by slowly, like the water dripping down the window. I get my mood back by lunch when I get to see Dante and his smaller friend Travis. Travis is a younger boy who is shy and Dante is trying to get him out of his shell.

I walk to their table and sit down, opposite to them. They were talking about some boy that Travis supposedly has a crush on. But the conversation stops once I sit down.

"What are we talking about?" I ask with a curious glance.

"Oh noth-" "Travis has a crush on a boy in his year." Dante cut Travis off, as he ducks to not get hit by a spoon. Travis settled down but he was still a bit flustered.

"Oh really, who is this lucky guy." I say now smirking looking at Travis.

"I don't have a crush on him! I just bumped into him, so what. It happens." He said sulking in his seat and taking a sip from his drink.

"Okay fine let's leave the smol guy alone" "I am not that small!"

And they start bickering again. I look around the cafeteria to see if I'd find Laurance, but I guess he is just making out with someone behind the bleachers again.

"Garroth, are you alright? You have been quiet today. Is something wrong?" Dante and Travis both looking at me with worried eyes. The second people today.

"I'm fine, I just didn't sleep very well." I say looking down at the table.

"Are you sure about that?" Travis asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Stop with the fucking memes!" I say, still laughing because it was funny. But only a little.

"There's that laugh we know and love." Dante said with smile as he begun to pack up his things.

"Ah man, is lunch over already." Travis said with a frown standing up.

"I guess so. See you guys later." I say, swinging my backpack over my shoulder and walking out of the cafeteria.

"Are you sure that he is alright Dante. He seems a bit more down than usual."

"I'm sure he's fine Trav. I mean besides, there isn't anything that could bring that sunshine down."

***

I walk into the changing room and change into the gymwear. Some of the guys that I share gym with look at me but not for long. None of my friends are in this class. But there is one person who had talked to me in the past.

Her name is Katelyn. She is a firecracker, with blue hair and a fierce personality. She doesn't talk very much but she is a friendly person to be around.

I walk out of the changing room and onto the stadium. The rain had stopped for now, but how long would it last. The ground was still wet and I was hoping that I wouldn't slip. I walk towards my class.

There seemed to be some kind of commotion. Everyone was gathered around in a circle. I tryed to get a closer look, but what I saw wasn't pretty. There, on the ground was Dante. He was bleeding and had bruises all over. What happened, he was fine just a moment ago?

Vote|Comment|Follow
-Potato