one ; paradise

back to paradise , not

Melissa walked inside the school with a small smile. A fake smile.

She's been doing that a lot lately.

Everything had been so hard for her in the summer. The beginning of summer everyone was on Melissa since her parents passed away.

They gave her pity , and support but she didn't want that , she wanted her parents back.

It lasted for about more than a month before they're attention went to Jason's disappearing.

Ever since they left the Mendes family alone.

A black haired girl walked towards her with a smile. "Melissa!"

She groaned inside within her as her cousin walked towards her. "This school is so old"

Melissa nod shrugging. "Welcome to riverdale"

Veronica stopped her ranting when she noticed Melissa quiet . "How are you holding up?"

Melissa's chest felt as she was drowning as she put on a fake smile. "I'm fine , I'm better"

Veronica smiled sadly hugging her "Well I have to go I'll see you later prima"

Melissa sighed when she saw Justin heading to the hang out room scratching his nose. It was obvious that he was on drugs.

She was walking after him when someone grabbed her arm turning her around.

She gaped lightly as she saw Reggie. "Reg" She whispered softly.

"Mel" He responded the same.

"Why didn't you meet me up where we usually do?" Melissa said crossing her arms.

"Um , well" He stuttered out rubbing his neck.

"I'm um , I need to go" He added when he saw his coach. "Mantle on the field now!"

Reggie sent Melissa an apologizing smile jogging to his coach.

Melissa sighed walking to her class.

She entered sitting in a empty seat in the back. She was one of the first to get there so she was alone.

Melissa groaned slightly when Veronica entered her classroom.

Veronica cheered when she saw Melissa walking straight to her. "Hey Mel"

She sat next to Melissa making Melissa roll her eyes when she wasn't looking.

Growing up Veronica had always been rude to her , always thinking she was better than Melissa.

Of course she would , she was the most popular girl in her town. She was the queen of New York.

Veronica rammed on about how everything was so old in this school than in New York.

"Veronica stop" Melissa stopped her as Veronica eyes widen.