three ; murder

Murder on the lose

| LIGHT MATURE SCENE TOWARDS THE END. |

Melissa sighed rubbing her neck getting up from her bed. She climbed out of bed taking a quick shower changing to a dress and flats.

She heard a honk outside singling her that Justin was waiting for her.

She rolled her eyes grabbing a cloth jacket since it was chilly outside. Picking up her bag she jogged downstairs freezing when she saw Mrs. Lodge outside in her car along Veronica.

Melissa walked over to them with a confused face. "Hey guys what are you doing here?"

"We're giving you a ride , Justin called us saying he had something to do and asked me to pick you up" Mrs. Lodge replied with a smile.

"Hop in" Veronica added with a grin.

Melissa ignored Veronica smiling at her mom. "You shouldn't have but thanks"

She entered the back frowning when she saw a box beside her. She shrugged it off staying quiet the whole way to school.

"Thanks Tia" Melissa thanked her aunt getting out of the car.

"De Nada mija" She responded before driving off.

Melissa didn't turn to Veronica before walking away , she heard Veronica sighing calling after her.

"Mel I know you probably mad about ar-"

She turned looking at Veronica in disbelief. "Why in the world would I be mad?"

Veronica opened her mouth but Melissa continued. "You broke Betty's heart , I hope it was worth it"

Melissa turned storming off.

Opening her locker she turned slightly to see chuck standing next to her with a smirk. "Hey gorgeous"

Melissa gulped grabbing a book before closing her locker. "Um hi chuck"

"How've you been" He reached to touch her but Melissa dodged his touch stepping back.

"Sorry but I have to go , bye" She tried to leave but he stopped her. "You need to stop avoiding me"

Melissa said nothing continuing to walk away.

At cheer practice

Melissa sighed doing her part of the cheer , Veronica emerging from between the girls.

Cherly finally releases them for the day. "Thank the lord" Melissa muttered walking over to her stuff rubbing her neck.

"After this practice, I'll totally need a pedicure. You?" Melissa heard Veronica ask Betty who were sitting down beside where she was.

" I'll have homework." Betty replied with a dull voice.

" I know everyone grieves differently, but Cheryl's hosting a pep rally to cope with her loss. That's either brilliant, or psychotic, or both." Veronica said rudely stretching her leg out touching it.

" Yeah, well, at least Cheryl's not putting on an act. Pretending she's a butterfly when really she's a wasp."
Betty responded back making Melissa bit her lip to stop herself from smiling at Betty.