Six

"So," Jack says, "how is Project Millie coming long?"

Finn blushes slightly and looks down so nobody notices, they think this is all fun and games for Finn.

But this time, Finn isn't so sure that it is.

"Made some progress today, sparked conversation," Finn replies with a fake cocky accent. Caleb rolls his eyes.

Why am I doing this? Finn asks himself.

"Cool," Gaten says, unamused.

Finn changes the subject, "Let's do something fun tonight, just us guys."

"I'm down," Caleb says, shutting off his phone.

"Same here," Gaten adds.

"Or, we could have some fun with girls too?" Jack suggests.

"Like who?" Caleb fires at him jokingly.

"Uh, Finn you could invite Millie! And her friend, that red-head chick," Jack says pointing at Finn.

"Her name, is Sadie," Caleb says defensively.

"Oooh does someone have a crush on Sadie?" Jacks asks.

Out of the corner of his eye, Finn could see Gaten's facial expression looked like he had just stepped on a lego that his little brother dropped in front of him. In other words, triggered.

"But-" Finn begins.

"No buts, we're inviting them.... now what are we doing?" Jack asks.

"Let's go get ice-cream!" Gaten suggests enthusiastically.

"YES!" Caleb responds.

Finn rolls his eyes, but smiles wide.

"Okay, ice-cream it is, but is it okay if I invite my girlfriend too?" Jack asks genuinely.

"Yeah bro, go ahead."

"Okay you call Sadie," Finn points at Caleb.

"And you call you're girlfriend," Finn points at Jack.

"And uh.... Gaten you call Millie."

Finn was afraid that Millie wouldn't want to go if Finn invited her.

"Hey Sadie, yeah it's me, Caleb.... yeah. Do you want to go get ice-cream with me and my friends?..... yeah Millie is invited.... okay see you soon."

Caleb hung up his phone, "They're meeting us at Dom's (reference anyone?) at 7."

Gaten turns off his phone since he was about to call Millie. Finn smiles.

Jack smiles into the phone, "I'll pick you up at seven, Iris. Okay, bye."

They arrive at the ice cream shop, owned by a guy named Dom. Finn holds the door open for his friends, relived to see that Millie and Sadie haven't arrived yet. He walks in the light colored room and says hi to Dom.

"Hey Dom, hows it going?" He says, leaning on the counter.

"It's radical my dude, I just invented a new ice cream flavor, check it out!" Dom walks down all the way to the end of the ice cream counter, and takes out a small scoop of light blue ice cream.

"It's blue raspberry and blueberry flavored, it's in the secret menu, the code name is Breaking Bad."

It takes Finn a second to catch on, but he soon starts to laugh, Noah and Gaten laughing behind Finn, as they were curious what the ice cream was.

"Crystal meth?" Gaten whispers, laughing hard.

Dom chuckles, but hen suddenly stops to greet a new costumer, "Welcome ladies. How can I help you today?"

"Hi Dom," Finn hears a familiar British accent say. He whips around to see Millie, wearing a light blue cropped shirt and high waisted black shorts.

"Holy heck, Millie is that you?" Dom asks, walking closer to her, from the opposite side of the white counter.

"Yep."

"Digging the haircut," he compliments.

"Thanks. This is my friend Sadie."

"Pleasure to meet your acquaintance, dude."

Jack breaks out in laughter over Dom's counterintuitive language, catching the attention of Millie and Sadie.

"Muffin!" Millie squeals, walking to Gaten and wrapping him in a hug.

Finn is utterly confused, as he did not know how friendly the two are. Millie's smiles falters when she sees Finn behind Gaten. Finn's brown eyes light up at the sight of her smile.

"Hey Millie," Finn says with a big, toothy smile.

Millie smiles genuinely this time, maybe he's not so bad.

To be continued...