Chapter 2

I feel like all my updates to this will be release at 3 am, just knowing me. Whoops, I guess.

Anyway, let's get it.

---

"Shhhhhhhh Lani, you gotta shush," Normani whispered when the sound of her keys clattering against the floor echoed through the hallway of the apartment complex.

She quickly looked around for angry neighbors, as her friend retrieved the fallen keys, but nope she needs to stop that because now her head is spinning and the ground is not where it should be.

"You're the drunk bitch making noise, not me," Kehlani muttered, as she finally got the door open.

"Am not," she slurred. She frowned when Kehlani didn't respond, and instead tried to guide her into the apartment. She turned to look at her friend. "I'm not drunk," she said a little louder. When her friend didn't acknowledge her again she stood up straight, out of her friend's grip, nearly falling over in the process. She stomped her foot and said, at full volume, "Khelani I'm not drunk, why would you say that?"

"Fucking fine, you're not drunk. Just shut up," Kehlani whispered, trying to grab Normani's wrist and continue on their pursuit for her bedroom. Yet, Normani really didn't think Kehlani understood how not drunk she was so, instead, she pulled her wrist back and walked down the hall herself.

She could make it to her room all on her own, thank you very much.

Only, no she couldn't because now she was falling over and whoa, okay, the floor. That wasn't supposed to happen.

"Get up," Kehlani whisper at her and wow rude much? She looked up at Kehlani. Why did she want her to go, all the way up there, when she could stay right here. She liked it down here. Things weren't spinning nearly as much.

"Who are you?" a voice asked a few feet away. Both women turned to the person who stood, arms crossed and eyebrow cocked, in the walkway of the hall adjacent to the room they were in.

"Oh! Hey, Dinah right?" Kehlani asked with an awkward wave. The person nodded mutely and Kehlani pointed to herself sheepishly "Kehlani. I'm Normani's friend. She came out with us to a party but she's wasted. I was just trying to put her to sleep."

"Dinah!" Normani said, her brain finally putting to gather that this person that looked like Dinah, totally was Dinah. She scrambled to her feet and nearly toppled into the blonde. The taller woman was prepared though and caught her just in time to save her from falling into the floor. Normani looked up at her and smiled, "Hi,"

"Hey," Dinah said. Normani smiled more, leaning into Dinah's ear to tell her a secret.

"I'm drunk. Don't tell Lani," she whispered, although from the scoff Kehlani let out after, she probably wasn't as successful as she thought she was.

"What did she drink?" Dinah asked Kahlani, wrapping her arms around Normani, right around the moment the room started spinning again. How did she know?

"Everything?" Kehlani answered with an awkward chuckle. Unlike when she'd called her drunk, Normani didn't disagree.

"I'm high too! And it's Lani's fault! She made me do it!" she shouted. Dinah immediately shushed her and Normani pouted.

She was too busy pouting to realize the raised eyebrow Dinah directed at Kehlani in question.

"She had a few edibles at her own free will before she got drunk," the oldest of the three responded. Normani shook her head. There she goes lying again.