Chapter 7

Unedited because I'm laaaaazy woooo

Please don't hate Dinah this chap guys. She means well I swear.

---

Normani hesitantly pushed the key to the apartment into the lock, painfully aware of every click that sounded out as she turned it. She felt it give and pushed the door, holding it just open enough to hear inside without announcing her presence.

When no sign of her three roommates could be detected, she entered slowly.

Ridiculous didn't begin to describe the way she felt sneaking into her own apartment, especially when she was pretty sure no one would be home for another hour, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Since what she's been referring to in her head as the incident with Ally she's been avoiding the blonde duo like the plague. Not an easy feat when living with them. Kehlani's been kind enough to let her crash at her's for the past few days under the condition Normani didn't eat any of her food, which was fine by her.

She wasn't a huge fan of going back to sharing a space with the musician. When they dormed together their sophomore year, the tattooed artist had friends and more-than-friends over constantly and that much hasn't changed. And though Normani now doesn't need the same quite as stressed-by-midterms-and-damn-near-ready-to-strangle-any-soul-unfortunate-enough-to-knock-too-loud Normani had, constantly entertaining guests wasn't exactly on her to do list.

Only today Kahlani texted her with the same code word from their dorming days, letting her know she needed to stay busy for a few hours because the apartment would be occupied.

Most of the time she didn't bother warning Normani about her distraction of the week, but her favorite, a five six mixed chick from a sorority that Kehlani swears always tastes like Skittles, was an exception. Normani knew if she ignored Kehlani, she would probably have her head.

A lack of calling out or coming out to greet her gave away that she had to be alone, which only made her feel even more ridiculous. Sneaking into an empty apartment was a new low for her.

Tossing her bag on one of the kitchen chairs the dancer went straight for the fridge. She pulled out a container of shrimp tempura, threw the cover, branded with the scripted letters 'DJ', to the side. She didn't want to be here and didn't plan on staying longer than Kehlani needed her to be, so she might as well take advantage of not having to pay for food while she can.

Grabbing a fork from a drawer, she collapsed on the couch.

She pulled a remote from where it was trapped between the cushion and her thigh and turned the TV on, not paying attention to which channel.

She rearranged herself to lay on her back, the food resting on her stomach, pulled out her phone and opened Twitter.

She let herself get lost in the app, only pulling herself away long enough to pick and the food. It was half an hour into her feed when a voice nearly made her jump.

"You're home," Dinah said, her eyebrows raised. Normani looked up at the blonde towering over the back of the couch, whose eyes glanced down and the container and frowned, "And you're eating my sushi."

Normani rolled her eyes. In part because, of course, Dinah would be the first to come home, but also she rolled her eyes at what she knew was coming. Her eyes looked back at her phone.

"You're home early," she commented.

"You ready to talk now?" Dinah asked. Whoop there it is. Dinah's never been one for small talk or subtly when she had something on her mind.