Chapter 4

This took little longer than expected because a few paragraphs in I realized I can't write sexual tension for shit. Like, idk how people can write a whole fic of pure smut. I can barely handle writing two people liking each other like jfc. Props to y'all smut writers out there man. Respect yo, I couldn't.

Anyyyyyway, yeah here's the chapter...

———

"Do you mind?"

Normani looked across the kitchen table to where Lauren was seated in front of her laptop, an eyebrow cocked in her direction. Lauren pointedly glanced down at Normani's hand before looking back at her face. Normani's eyes followed and she paused her hand midway through its rap against the kitchen table.

"Sorry," she said, before turning her gaze back to her own laptop. She could feel the weight of Lauren watching her as she stared at her MacBook screen.

"You okay?" Lauren asked eventually. Normani sighed through her nose before nodding.

"Fine," she mumbled, not looking up.

"You sure?" Normani nodded stiffly. "You don't seem it."

"I am."

"I don't believe you."

"It's the truth."

"You're a bad liar."

"I said I'm fine, Lauren," Normani said. She glared up at her roommate hoping it would help in getting Lauren to not call her bluff on the false finality she laced into her words.

Only as soon as their eyes locked she knew it was a mistake.

God fucking damn it.

She held her breath, a deer in the headlights. Not the lights of an oncoming car, but the piercing glow that emanated from Lauren's eyes.

Normani always suspected Lauren knew the effect her eyes had on others, even if she claimed the opposite. As she stared at the woman across from her she had no choice but to believe it was true because there was no way someone could accidentally make her feel undone so easily with only a glance.

Laurens gaze made her feel open and exposed and naked without her permission and okay, maybe thinking about being naked with Lauren wasn't the best idea when she was looking at her like that but she couldn't help it. The look in Lauren's eyes made her feel...

She squirmed in her seat. She knew she was doing a piss poor job of hiding how unnerved she was, how she could feel her facade cracking under Lauren's searching gaze, but she was too proud to give in and be the first to look away.

As if uncovering something, then, within Normani while looking into her depths that she couldn't decipher Lauren's head tilted and her eyebrows furrows.

"You seem frustrated," Lauren noted eventually. Normani glanced up from where she might have shifted her gaze to the Latina's lips, and looked back to her eyes, which really was no better. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Nothing to talk about," Normani responded, finally choking on her ego and looking away. She stared intensely at the suddenly very interesting web page on choreology.

In her peripherals, Normani watched Lauren continue to watch her before eventually returning to her own computer.

Slowly Normani was able to return to breathing properly without having to concentrate on the task and actually managed to get back to doing more than glossing over the same sentence repeatedly.