Chapter 10

I'm telling y'all now if anyone turns this chapter into something sexual I'm snitchin

Also, there's a little bit of a time jump between this chap and last chap so don't be alarmed

———

Ally stared at Dinah, her eyebrows pinned to where they'd risen once her girlfriend started explaining what happened while she was gone.

Ally was used to leaving Lauren, Dinah and Normani alone and coming back to chaos, but what Dinah was telling her was something else entirely.

"You did what?" Ally asked slowly. Dinah looked at her with a sheepish smile.

"I'm sorry?" Dinah said, raising her hands and holding them out in front of her defensively. She'd hoped her girlfriend would understand after her explanation. Apparently not.

"No. Explain it again because I couldn't have heard you right the first time," Ally said. She approached Dinah as she continued and, although Dinah had over six inches on her, the taller blonde stepped back, "because the first time it sounded like you said you spanked our roommate."

"Babe," Dinah started, reaching out to grab Ally's hand. Ally pulled away and stared at her and Dinah knew better than to try again.

"Don't 'babe' me. How could you?" she asked incredulously. Dinah shrugged, frustrating Ally more.

"She deserved it," she said, pointing down the hall where Normani was somewhere on the other side of her bedroom door. "She locked herself in the bathroom. Alone!"

"Because she was freaking out and you threatened her," Ally said.

"She was being a bitch. Plus the counting thing always works on Lauren," Dinah argued. Ally closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Because that's what Lauren needs, to do what she's told. Normani and Lauren aren't the same," she said slowly. She kept her eyes closed as Dinah shifted awkwardly in front of her.

"But you didn't see the look on Lauren's face. She was heartbroken," Dinah replied eventually. Ally took a deep breath and held it until it hurt.

"It doesn't matter," she said, finally looking up at Dinah, "hurting Lauren's feelings accidentally doesn't give you the right to punish Mani."

Dinah paused, and Ally reminded herself to be thankful Dinah was at least considering what Ally was saying.

Dinah looked around, avoiding Ally's eyes guiltily, before huffing.

"Okay well, it's not like she didn't agree to it so really it's fine, right?" Dinah asked, though her voice wasn't nearly as strong as before and Ally took that as a sign Dinah was starting to see herself as less correct.

Dinah eyed her girlfriend nervously when the older woman didn't agree.

After a few more seconds of Ally staring back at her she added, far less confidently, "...right?"

Ally shook her head and Dinah's face fell.

"Mani probably didn't think she had a choice. Agreeing when she doesn't think she can say no doesn't count."

Dinah opened and closed her mouth a few times attempting to protest but couldn't.

"We're you still mad?" Ally asked. Dinah looked at her with her eyebrow screwed. "For what she said to Lauren? We're you still mad at her while you were punishing her?"

"Maybe a little?" Dinah answers honestly. Dinah winced, already able to tell the incorrectness of her actions.

"Maybe a little? Dinah," Ally whined, "Punishments are never supposed to be given out of anger that's rule number one."