New Home

Throughout the travel, Leah screamed, hit, and kicked when she could. Romulus found it amusing and would hum with amusement and joy. The kicking and the hitting did not hurt him. He found it thrilling and loved the feeling of her touch. Romulus considered himself a masochist who didn't mind some physical pain from his mate. He was happy to have her. 

For what seemed like an eternity, Leah gave up. Her throat became dry; her arms and legs became tired and sore from all the fighting. She let Romulus take her where he wanted. No matter what Leah did, she knew it was pointless. He was more stubborn than a mule.

Romulus would run and jump through trees and mid-air. Both are far away from the village; curiosity and nervousness fill her. "Where are you taking me!?" she asked loudly. Romulus stopped on top of a tree; Leah yelped at the height they were at. "D-Don't drop me!"

He looked at her and smiled. "We are headed to our home."

The young woman flinched. "What do you mean home? I am from the United States; that is my home."

This surprised Romulus. "You are from the United States? Why did you come here? Although I am happy that you did, or else I would have never found you."

Leah huffed. "I came here to visit my grandmother, and I wish I could return in time and not come here. I don't know if my grandma is okay, and a dog kidnaped me!" When she said that, she could feel Romulus flinch.

"That hurt."

Leah ignored him. "Humph! Well, good, that is what you get for kidnapping me!"

Romulus chuckled. "Well, feel what you want, mi amore. You are mine, and that will never change. You can be mad at me all you like, but I will never let you go." Leah was about to respond, but he began to run again, this time faster. Her heart raced with the motion. She felt her head losing consciousness. Little by little, her eyes were beginning to close.

Darkness consumed her.

..............................................

About thirty minutes later, Romulus arrived in front of the waterfall, and he shook her gently. She did not respond. He took her off his shoulder and held her bridal style. That is when he realized that she had lost consciousness. Romulus held her tightly as if he was afraid that she would leave. 

His attention was on the waterfalls, where there were a couple of sections as the waters flowed down. Many bushes and trees on the waterfall gave it a hint of mystery on what could be hidden. There was something hidden that no human knew about, and if they did, then it would be the end of their kind. Romulus took a deep breath as he looked around. He spoke in Latin, and the waters began to lift; the rocks inside began to open a passageway. The passageway was not entirely noticeable since the waters were covering it. He, with Leah in his arms, walked inside. He covered her so the water wouldn't hurt her. Once inside the passage, the rocks closed behind them. 

Darkness surrounded them both, and as Romulus walked through the dark path, faint blue lights began to light his way. The lights came from crystals and rocks that were within the walls. The path seemed endless, but the light was at the end of the tunnel. When he went to the end of the path, trees were everywhere, and a large city was as big as Rome. Houses were either on the ground or built on the walls, making them look like small apartments. 

Small lakes and small waterfalls in different parts of the city were the city's water source. There were no vehicles but wooden carts, horses, and mules. The city was in one place, so werewolf society believed human vehicles weren't needed. However, they did have WiFi and laptops, but phones were not allowed since werewolves could mind-link one another.

"Home at last."

He looked at Leah, who was still asleep. He jumped into the mini forest and ran through many trees to reach the city. Once in the city, he received many looks. The werewolves, who were all males, went to him and congratulated him. Romulus thanked them and continued walking toward a road to the city's left side. He ran with Leah in his arms and didn't want to risk her waking up and creating a scene. 

Moments later, Romulus climbed a few stairs leading to a small street with rows of cottage-like houses with space between them. His home was the last one on the small streets since he liked his privacy. His home could fit a small family surrounded by a wooden fence. There was a small garden where fruits and vegetables were grown. There were two water barrels on each side of the house. 

The cottage was made of wood, stones, cement, and twigs. The decorations were nicely done, giving it a fairytale-like vibe. Romulus opened the fence door, went toward the door of his home, opened it, and entered. He went to his room and laid Leah down. He lay beside her, holding her closer. Romulus could not stop looking at her. He was always used to sleeping alone, with no one beside him, no one he could say goodnight, no one to say 'I love you.' 

He is no longer alone.

"Please don't let this be a dream," he murmured.