Walk

A month passed, and Leah was getting used to being with Romulus, but she couldn't deny that she still missed her family. She often wondered if her parents in the States had arrived at her grandmother's if they were still looking for her, and if the families of the kidnapped women were still looking for their daughters.

Romulus would tell her more about the werewolf society, stories, legends, and the Moon Goddess; it intrigued her. He would also take her to the city once in a while to get used to the city. They would eat in cafes, watch movies in theaters, walk in parks or by lakes, and so forth. The city had everything a small society needed, so no one needed to leave. There were times when Leah spoke with some women recently kidnapped or kidnapped a long time ago. 

Many have slowly adapted to their new lives, while others still have trouble adjusting and miss their families. 

Stockholm Syndrome.

Leah knew that all women had suffered from this syndrome. She hated to admit that she was slowly falling into it since Romulus treated her with love and respect; he was patient with her. He still kidnapped her, and knowing what to feel and think was difficult for her.

It was mid-afternoon. The two finished eating lunch, and Leah asked to walk outside. Romulus joined her, and he got a hold of her right hand as they walked. They looked like a couple. Both kept walking by many stands until Leah stopped when something caught her interest. 

Romulus also stopped. 

Leah looked at a stand where hand-made dresses of many different colors were, but a long white dress caught her interest. The dress had a light brown belt in the middle; there were flower decorations on the bottom parts of the dress.

"Do you like it?" asked Romulus.

She blushed in response.

He chuckled. "How much?" he asked the elderly couple in charge of the stand. "Two silver coins," responded the elderly man. Romulus nodded and gave them the payment. He was given the dress and then gave it to Leah. 

The young woman held on to the dress, looking at its decorations. "You didn't have to."

He smiled. "I wanted to, my love. Besides, you have good taste." He looked at the couple, thanked them, and motioned them to return home. "I almost forgot that the city will celebrate the Moon Festival in three days."

"Moon festival? What is that?" 

"We pray to the Moon Goddess to give her tribute and gratitude for our mates. It's also a chance for the community to come together and socialize. It will be fun. Food stands, music, dancing, storytelling, and more will be there."

They continued walking, but Leah was curious about something. "What about the ones who did not get their mates?"

Romulus stopped for a moment. He forgot about that and almost forgot about his cousin, Remus. He hadn't seen Remus within a month, which made him wonder if his cousin could get a mate this year. "They can still participate, but it could become difficult for them. They would see other males with their mates, which could cause a stir. However, the council made laws to punish unmated males who try to create trouble." The two made it home, and Romulus motioned Leah to enter; he closed the door. "Even with laws in place, it could still be dangerous, and I want you to always be by my side."

"How so?" Leah asked nervously.

"Werewolves who don't have mates would try to steal another's. They would risk punishment or even death." Romulus let out a low growl; his eyes slowly changed pitch black. "However, I will not let another male take you. You are mine and mine alone. I would kill anyone who takes you away from me." He put his arms around her; their bodies touched one another.

She felt his possessiveness when he put his arm around her waist. She didn't know why, but it excited her. Eventually, Romulus calmed himself. "Anyway, I was tasked to help build some stands, and I would like you to come with me .so you can help the women with cooking and do the lighter work. It would be great for you to make friends."

 Leah merely nodded and could not stop thinking about the Moon Festival. She did not know why, but deep in her heart, she felt afraid.