Disagreement

Romulus and Leah went back to the festivities. Leah tried hard to stop blushing. She couldn't believe that she enjoyed what Romulus did to her. Sure, she had boyfriends and touched her, but it never went to last base; she wanted to save herself for someone special. Many of her boyfriends didn't want to wait too long, so they would break up with her. 

Leah didn't deny that Romulus was handsome and had a body that men would kill for. She was still not ready to have sex yet. She wondered if he would be patient with her. Her thoughts were interrupted when there was an announcement that the council was arriving. "Well, that's our queue. Let's go find our seats." 

The couple and everyone else walked toward the waterfalls, where there were wooden bleachers. Everyone was trying to find a seat. Romulus and Leah sat in the second row. "What's going to happen now?"

Romulus leaned close to her. "The council members are going to make a speech. They do this every time the Mate Hunt ends. They give us their blessings, among other things. It's not going to take long."

Everyone in the city found a seat or stood. Everyone was silent as faint footsteps echoed. There were about four men, and behind them stood older women who were their mates. Leah tried to contain her chuckle. The male council members appeared to be either Gandalf or Dumbledore. As the council members and their mates got on stage, everyone stood and bowed their heads. 

Romulus and Leah did the same.

As the members and their mates stood on stage, one of the members walked forward and motioned out his right hand; the werewolves sat back down.

"Fellow werewolves, we bid you all congratulations on finding your mates of this year's Mate Hunt! You all deserve a round of applause!"

Everyone began to clap. Leah clapped but only softly.

"To the new females, we all welcome you to our world. We know this is new for you, but we welcome you all to our world. We are thankful and indebted to you. The council and I know you will be wonderful mothers to the next generation of werewolves."

"Mothers?" Leah could not believe her ears. The council thought of women as breeding machines. Romulus noticed Leah's demeanor and gently put his hand over hers. He knew that the council had an old-fashioned mentality. However, they thought and cared about the survival of their kind. He knew that he was going to have another talk with Leah.

The council members spoke, and the speeches were done within an hour. The occupants were free to continue with the festival. Leah stood up and began to walk away. Romulus walked after her. "Leah, don't you want to continue with the festivities?"

She didn't answer; Romulus knew her answer. Without their knowledge, they were being watched by Remus, who stood far from the festivities. He stood atop a tree, watching Leah walk away from the festival. "Seems that he's having a little trouble."

Meanwhile, the couple returned home; Romulus closed the doors as he turned on the lights. Leah stood in the living room with her arms crossed.

The couple was silent. Romulus sighed as she walked close to Leah but kept his distance. "You're upset about what the council said today."

"How can I not be? They said we will be great mothers; they view us as breeders for your kind."

Romulus noticed the venom in Leah's tone; she was angry. He couldn't blame her. "I'm sorry you had to hear that but believe me when I say this. You're not a breeder to me. I would never force you to give yourself to me. I will wait until you are ready to accept me."

"You say that, but I know there are laws in your world. Laws that I may disagree with. Kidnapping is one." Leah bit her lower lip. "You are kind, Romulus. However, kindness won't be enough. The council might find out about couples who haven't mated or had children. There are laws regarding that, right?"

The werewolf was silent.

"I thought so. I don't want to live a life with such restrictions and regulations. I-I think it's best if we weren't together. We-" Leah couldn't finish as Romulus pushed her down on the couch and got on top of her. He grabbed her hands and put them on top of her. Leah's eyes widened in horror as she saw his eyes change to pitch black. 

Romulus was angry.