Decision

The sun began to rise in the sky; a cool breeze hit the small, empty village. In the small cave, Leah and Romulus slept soundly. However, Romulus opened his eyes as he heard the birds chirp outside the cave. He massaged his eyes and felt a small weight on his chest. He looked down and smiled. The werewolf looked at his sleeping mate. For the first time in his life, he finally felt complete. The memory of him and Leah making love made him smile. Romulus pulled her closer to him and kissed the top of her head.

Leah groaned from her sleep and slowly opened her eyes; she stretched. Once fully awake, she saw Romulus' muscular chest. That was when all the memories of the previous night came to her. Leah blushed at the memory of their time together.

"Good morning, my love," purred Romulus.

She did not look at him; Leah felt embarrassed. "M-Morning."

A chuckle escaped. "Don't be embarrassed, love. It is normal for couples to have sex. Although, I am happy that I was your first."

Leah felt her face getting warmer from embarrassment. "Stop that!" She gently slapped his chest. Both were in one another's arms, enjoying each other's touch and warmth. However, Leah was thoughtful, and Romulus noticed.

"What's wrong? Did I do something that did not please you? Are you mad at me? Are-"

Leah covered his lips with her right hand. "No, it's not that. It's about my grandmother. Now that we made love, I am conflicted about my place. I would feel a bit guilty for leaving my grandmother or you."

The thought of Leah leaving him would destroy him; he would have no purpose to live, but he did not want to hurt her. "It's your choice. Whatever it is, I will respect your decision."

Leah noticed the sadness in Romulus' eyes and voice. It tore her heart to pieces. She came closer to him and kissed him. "Come on; I want to go visit my grandmother."

Both got dressed and headed to Isla's house. Once inside, they saw her in the kitchen cooking food. She turned to look at them. However, she carefully eyed them and then looked back to the food. "You both mated."

Leah flinched, but Romulus contained his composure. "We did," he responded.

Isla shook her head. "It seems that you made your decision, Leah."

"Grandmother, I-"

"Don't lie to yourself, child. You're a grown woman, don't stay here out of pity. No matter how much you try to hide it, I know you have feelings for the wolf. It's time that you made your own decisions and life." Isla looked at her granddaughter. "Don't have regrets. I know your heart and body are with him." She then motioned the couple to sit. "It is time to eat."

Leah and Romulus looked at one another and smiled. Leah and Romulus put their arms around one another and went to eat, not knowing what would occur.

Meanwhile, in the werewolf world, Remus felt confused. Leah wasn't home, and neither was his cousin Romulus. He wanted to visit them, mostly Leah, but they weren't home. "Where could they have gone?" he asked himself. Remus asked many in the village about their whereabouts, but no one saw them. That was two days ago.

Remus sat atop a tree branch, wondering where they could have gone. He knew his cousin's schedule and wanted to visit Leah privately. He wanted to try to convince her that Romulus was not the right choice.

Yesterday, he went back to their house and went into their room. It was wrong of him, and he knew it but didn't care. He still could smell a faint of Leah's scent in her clothing and bed. Remus growled at the thought of her. Shamelessly, he lay on the bed and wondered if his cousin had yet to lay with Leah.

The thought of laying naked on the bed for Romulus made him angry. However, the image of her in her glory made him hard. It has been a while since he laid with a woman; Remus missed a woman's touch.

Remus remembered when he touched himself that day, imagining Leah wanting him. He shook his head and took out a piece of clothing he got from the house. Remus smelled it again, smelling her scent, and something came to him. He could not smell their cousin in their world. It was as if they were no longer within the werewolf world.

That was when it hit him; he stood up from his seat. Romulus had broken one of the most sacred laws of the werewolves. Once they have a mate, they and their mate can no longer return to the human world. If the law is broken, it would mean death. However, if Remus told the council the news, he could ask for anything he desired.

He could even ask for his cousin's mate to be his.

The werewolf knew that he would betray his cousin, his only family, but deep down, he felt entirely selfish. Remus sighed, but he always felt envy for Romulus. He was strong, confident, and everything he wanted to become. As for Remus, he had always been the unlucky one.

That was when Remus decided to go to the werewolf council and explain everything, for he knew it was his chance at happiness.