Chapter 3

I stand there silently trying to process everything that happened.

I've just been abducted by a bunch of teens in a flying chariot led by a bunch of pegasus which don't even exist to save Tony and I from the popular clique who turned into some sort of mutant vampire-animal-robot things.

I think I'm high.

Tony's the first to speak after about 20 minutes.

"So... what just happened?"

Braids looks towards us

Ok so I'm Piper and this is my friend Leo," Curl-Leo waves from the front of the chariot since he was steering. "And well... do you guys know about Greek mythology?"

Well that's a bit off topic?

"Like the one we learn about in school?" Tony asks.

"Sorta" Piper says "And well... they exist. Right now, they live in America because of a long series of events that I'll explain later. And, just like in the myths, they have children with mortals. You two happen to be part of that group."

Yep, defiantly high. I guess someone put something in my drink or food.

"Er..." I start "I think you have the wrong Charly. I'm nothing special. I am the least likely person to be part god. I'm just screwed up."

"You only know one of your parents," Piper says "You can't sit still for long and little things catch your attention. You tend to get in trouble a lot mostly because of your instinct."

Holy shit she just described me. I slowly nod my head and so does Tony with a slight look of terror on his face.

"That's the general description of demigods," Piper explains. "I'm like that, Leo's like that, and 100s of others are like that. But we are dangerous and some...things want to kill us. We have to take you to somewhere safe."

"Where's safe exactly?" I ask.

"Long Island. There there's a cam-"

Then the angry pigeons attack.

By angry pigeons, I mean a couple dozen of murderous birds trying to rip the flesh off my bones. They were large with curved beaks and laser like eyes. Their claws were sharp and long, perfect for hunting. They use their claws and beaks to scratch, bite and bruise me anywhere they can. In the matter of seconds I'm covered in bruises and cuts.

"OW OW OW OW" I hear Tony yell.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" I shout

Piper's stabbing a few with a bronze dagger and Leo's trying to steer the pegasus.

"STYMPHALIAN BIRDS" Piper says as she stabs a few more "THERE'S TOO MANY! LEO HOW FAR ARE WE FROM CAMP?"

"ALMOST THERE" Leo said, flapping a few birds away from him.

At that moment, a bird took a huge chunk of flesh out of my shoulder and I yelled in pain.

"CHARLY!" Tony shouts and started reaching for me. I reached out and grabbed his hand and he pulls me into him.

"LEO AIM FOR THE WATER!" Piper shouts over the commotion.

"WAIT" I say, but it's too late.

BOOM

When we hit the water, I'm not fully awake, but I'm unconscious either.

That's when I hear the voice.

"You are different Charly Mcadams It said don't get too comfortable, for you are a needed piece for the prophecy."

I black out.