Chapter 6

Tony's P.O.V

Chiron leads us out to the volleyball court where a game is in progress

"Lizzie! Anna!" He shouts to them.

Two girls stand up from the sidelines. They're both quite pretty. One has dark hair just past her shoulders and bright blue eyes. She wore a orange shirt that says "Camp Half-Blood" on it, light washed jeans and pink running shoes. The other girl has waist long light brown wavy hair and hazel eyes. She also has a orange camp shirt, but she's wearing leggings and  black converse.

"Lizzie, give our new camper, Charly, a tour of the camp, Anna, same for Tony."

"Sure thing Chiron!" The dark haired one replies-Lizzie I'm guessing because she grabs Charly and takes her up a hill to a pine tree that seemed oddly out of place.

"This way." Anna says, taking me to the huge forest taking up a quater of the valley. I felt as if soething just beyond my line of site was staring at me.

Why can't I go to the very safe looking pine tree?

Charly's P.O.V

The hill's bigger than it looks. The first half is easy. The last half takes a bit of effort. Also, the closer you got to the tree, the more you notice that they're is something at the base of it. When I realize what it is, I nearly pee myself... again. Sleeping at the base of the tree is a dragon. Like full on scaly-fire-breathing-can-eat-me-in-two-bites dragon. The nerd inside of me is going "OH MY GOD ALL MY DREAMS ARE ALIVE" and the logical side of me is shouting "HOLY SHIT ITS A DRAGON IT BREATHES FIRE WHAT DO I DO." I just stand there with a look of absolute terror on my face until Lizzie notices I stopped.

"Don't worry, he won't hurt you." Lizzie says. "He protects us, he doesn't barbeque us."

I cautiously make my way closer to him. Once we reach the top of the hill, he opened his eyes a bit, sees that it's Lizzie, and closes them again.

"He also protects this tree." Lizzie explains. "It creates a magical border around the camp that keeps monsters and mortals out. We have a dragon guarding it because we had a little incident where someone tried to poison the tree."

"Fair enough" I mumble.

She smiles and turns 90 degrees, facing back down the hill.

"And this," she says, spreading her arms out. "Is Camp Half-Blood."

I turns around and whisper "wow" under my breath.

Up here is an amazing view of everything. I could pick out every camper and say something about unique them. Like the one in the pavillion has a scar on his face, or that the one in the left shooting range was extremely good. The water sparkled and danced in it's own waves. The forest had a dark and mysterious look that makes me find it beautiful.

"I come up here all the time." Lizzie says. "Don't tell anyone, we're not suppose to." She smirks a little." It'll be our little secret." She begins to point out buildings and places

"This is the forest." She explains "Aka the place where everyone dares you to go in when they're out of original ideas."

"There are the cabins. And there our the bathrooms. A word of advice, don't go near the boys door unless you're in the mood for dying from smell."

I laugh harder than I should at that one.

"And that is the murderous lava climbing wall. Don't worry no one's died on it for a few years now" I will make sure never to go near that

"And the most important place, the mess hall." She finishes

Just then, a horn blows.

"Just in time for supper!" She says"Come on, I'll show you where you sit.

We run down the hill (me tripping most of the way) and keep running until we reach the mess hall. She leads me to one of the tables.

"This is the Hermes table. Until your claimed, you'll sit here. I'll be over there." She points to another table.

"Who's your godly parent?" I ask.

"Athena." she replies "See you after dinner!" She waves and goes to sit with a bunch of kids with blond hair and books. She's a pretty cool person.

Anna and Tony walk in. Anna sits a table with kids with bows, arrows and basketballs and points Tony towards me. He sits down across from me.

"How was your tour?" I ask.

"Pretty cool. She showed me the forest a bit."

"Isn't that off limits?"

He just shruggs.

A bunch of kids sat down with us.

"Newbies?" A older boy with curly hair and a mischievous look askes.

We both nod

"Cool, I'm Connor, your camp counselor until you're claimed, which won't be long." He explains. "In case you get lost, just go to cabin 11 and make yourself at home."

"Thanks" Tony says.

"No problemo." He replies  "Ah, here's the food."

It looks really good. Pizza with golden crust and lean meat cooked perfectly. I didn't realize how hungry I was until it's all infront of me. I'm just about to dig when I notice everyone getting up. I looked over at Tony, who looks just as confused. We silently agree to follow the crowd.

We follow everyone to the center of the mess hall. Everyone was taking a piece of their food and burning it in the fire.

"Sacrafice to the gods." Connor explains "Thanking them for shit and blah blah blah."

"Oh" I say.

When it was my turn I take a bit of my meat and put it in.

And the fire explodes in my face.