one || panurgic

panurgic : able or ready to do anything

"...Girl's soccer tryouts will be held the rest of this week, starting today..." The school announcement reported over the loudspeaker, and she felt a tap on her shoulder from the person beside her.

"Are you excited for today?" Varsity soccer co-captain midfielder Allison Sanchez asked with an excited look on her face. Along with Georgia, it was Allison's senior year as well and it would be their last Hell Week, as the members of the Blue Lake Devil's soccer teams called the tryout week, even though it was only three days.

"We've already got spots on the team, so not really. It's just another tryout." Georgia responded with a huff as the bell rang to release them from their third-hour AP calculus class for lunch. A look of shock crossed Allison's face as they were joined by other members of the varsity team, most of them being juniors this year. They would not be losing a lot of seniors, but they would be losing the best goalkeeper in the division they were in.

"Don't say that, GJ. This is probably the most important Hell Week in our high school careers!" Allison responded as they approached the lunch room with the large crowd that was around them.

"Why is that?" She asked sarcastically as she sat down at the table that became a sort of property to the varsity soccer players that went to Blue Lake High School, both boys and girls. The table was full when they sat down, Georgia sitting in between Allison and Antonio Rivera, the guy she had been crushing on since the seventh grade. They had been best friends since they were little, playing on the same team up until U-10, where they were split into boys and girls.

"We get to show off to the lower classmen." Allison responded, causing the table to laugh. The table of soccer players mainly consisted of juniors and seniors who had been on varsity most if not all of their three to four years of playing for Blue Lake.

"Okay, I guess you have a point, captain." Georgia agreed, sneering as she looked with hungry eyes to the Subway she had picked up during her study hour.

"How many shutouts you gonna have this year, GJ?" Antonio asked, and she almost choked on her food.

"It doesn't matter anymore, I've got the state record." She answered with a laugh, continuing to eat her sub.

"I bet all eighteen games." One of the guys said, Georgia looking up to see the statement came from Trevor, the goalkeeper for the boys' team. They had been friends since his freshman year, for he was a grade under her. 

"You're on." Antonio responded as the bell rang, ending their half hour together.

"See you at the field after fifth hour?" Allison asked, for they would not see each other until they were in the locker rooms after school.

"You know it." Georgia responded with a wink as she headed in the opposite direction of her, heading across the school for her AP chemistry class. Along with being a varsity athlete in both track and soccer, she was also the valedictorian that year, having a 4.3 grade point average and all of her classes besides electives being advanced placement since her sophomore year, getting straight A's all four years of high school. It was a lot of responsibility, but she maintained her busy schedule. She was done with high school in one and a half months, their last game being their last day of school. They already had their schedule set up for the season, for as soon as tryouts were over, they had two practices before their first game next Wednesday.

The rest of the day went back fairly quickly, and after two hours of sitting in draining classes, she was fully energized for their first day of tryouts as she found herself walking into the locker room with a smile on her face, her soccer bag on her back as she went to her locker closest to the door. There were a huge group of new freshmen coming in, and she did her best to make herself look intimidating, which was not hard for her. She changed into a pair of Nike shorts and a t-shirt from the state championship two years ago. She talked with other already existing members of the team, keeping conversation as she put Elites on her feet and loosely tying her running shoes to her feet. The group of them walked out of the locker room and to their turf field, the sky above dark as rain threatened to fall on the first day of tryouts. They were smart and brought garbage bags to put their stuff in so if the rain decided to fall, their stuff would be dry.