two || retiform

[Going to be some character descriptions and building this chapter, so bear with me!]

retiform : resembling a net

It's game day.

It was her favorite three word sentence to wake up to. She had been dreading this moment but was excited, for it was the first game of her last season. Since it was an away game, she had to dress up, which was something she did not mind, for she had to keep up her popular standard somehow. When you are the homecoming queen, varsity athlete, and valedictorian of your school, you tend to be known. She had perfect teeth from three years of braces, long sandy colored hair that had the slightest curl to it, and grey-blue eyes. She stood five-foot seven-inches, and of course had the body of an athlete, complete with muscular legs and arms, as well as a six pack worked out into her core. She was naturally tan, for she was considered Latina have spent the first eight years of her life in Brazil. She spoke fluent Portuguese as well as English, having to learn it before she could go back to school, but still had the accent. 

When she moved, she had just started playing soccer in one of the soccer capitals of the world, so she looked up to a lot of Brazilian players over Americans, but one that would always be at the top of her list of idols is Hope Solo. She had retired from the team after the whole Sweden outing thing during the Olympics, but she was still the best goalkeeper she had ever witnessed. If she were to ever get to that moment in her life to be called up to a national team, she would choose the United States, for they had the best goalkeepers in the world.

She went through her closet and chose a dusty pink colored t-shirt dress with a black bralette and a pair of brown ankle boots. She packed a sports bra in her soccer bag as well as her uniform then went to finish doing her makeup. After applying concealer and foundation, she did her eyebrows, although she really did not have to, and applied eyeliner, then went upstairs with her bags in hand.

"Are you coming to the game later?" She asked as she sat down at the kitchen table for breakfast, looking to her parents as she ate. 

"We're going to try, but you know how our work schedules are." Her father stated without looking up from the newspaper in front of him, and she sighed, definitely knowing how their work schedules were. They had been to one game a year so far, and that was because it was a Friday at home.

"Alright, well I have to go." She said, excusing herself from the table and grabbing her backpack as well as her soccer bag. "Tchau!" She shouted into the house as she left with her car keys in her hand. She unlocked her car and put her things in the backseat before getting into the driver's seat, starting it and buckling her seat belt.

Twenty minutes later she parked in her spot in the student lot at Blue Lake High School and went inside, leaving her soccer bag in her car, for she would be driving herself to the game and changing at the locker room of the Westview High School, for the junior varsity would play first anyhow.

She went through her classes, the day going by slowly as she awaited the time to leave at the beginning of fifth hour, and as she sat down at lunch in her spot between Allison and Antonio after getting lunch. 

"You look nice." Antonio said in her ear, and she smiled, feeling her cheeks redden underneath her makeup.

"Why thank you, Antonio. That's probably the nicest thing you've said to be all year." She teased, and he rolled his eyes at her. The both laughed and held their own conversation as they ate, Georgia smiling more than usual. She looked him over as she usually did, and he was sporting jeans and a sweatshirt as he normally did. His curly brown hair was messy on top and the sides and back were shaved down, and his green eyes were dull in the cafeteria lighting. He had the eyelashes and eyebrows no man deserved, and of course he had a muscular build after playing soccer, track star, and being a swimmer all his life. It served him well. The bell rang overhead, signalling lunch was over and there was only one more hour of AP chemistry to go through until they left on a bus to head to the home of the Wildcats.