fourteen || imbroglio

imbroglio : an altercation or complicated situation

It had been just over two months since Georgia flew over from Portland to join Manchester City, and she was loving every minute of it, well, except for conditioning days. No one likes those. She had been sitting on the bench every week, but Nick had promised to get her in to the end of games or when they were ahead, and although she absolutely loved watching Manchester City come out on top the past five games, she was ready to get some playing time. She knew she had to be patient though, for she was both the newbie and the rookie still.

They arrived at Select Security Stadium, about an hour away from their home stadium, which was home to the Liverpool Ladies. They would be playing that evening, so they had time to stretch out and get moving beforehand. After the game they would be taking their bus straight back to Manchester. They bused to all of their games, and sometimes it was annoying, but their next three games were at home and everyone was glad.

The team stretched their legs out and got some touches on the ball to get loose before having two hours to do what they wanted before they had to meet back in the locker room by sixteen hundred, four o'clock, to get ready for their eighteen hundred, six o'clock, game that evening. 

"Georgia, want to go find something to eat with us?" Steph asked after they were released from their miniature training session.

"Sure, let me just grab my bag." Georgia responded, heading with them towards the locker room. She ran inside and grabbed her Nike travel backpack where she kept her wallet, the new ID she got when she registered for her license, and keys. She usually kept a water and some travel snacks inside as well. "Anyone need to put anything inside?" She asked once she returned, and they all threw wallets inside before they went through King George's Park. They walked about the area, careful to to get to far from the stadium so they had time to walk back. 

"What about that smoothie place? Looks like they have chicken wraps..." Karen trailed off as soon as she realized they agreed with her to head to the small corner smoothie spot. 

"Hey, can you order for me? I've got to make a phone call." Georgia asked Carli as she held out money to pay for her smoothie, and she nodded. 

"Sure, what do you want?" She asked, taking Georgia's cash in her hand.

"The blueberry pomegranate one. Thank you." Georgia responded, grabbing her phone out of the side pocket of her backpack and stepping outside of the small shop. She finally had international calling, so she decided to give her parents a call. It was six thirty in the morning back in Portland, but she assumed her parents would be awake, for it was a Thursday and that meant they were getting ready for work.

She pressed her mother's contact number and held the phone up to her ear, starting to pace back and forth in the small space in front of the shop. After a few rings, the line picked up and she felt her stomach flip. She had not been able to contact her parents because of her international restrictions.

"Hello?" Her mother answered quickly.

"Hey ma." Georgia responded with a sigh.

"Georgia, is that you? Why haven't you called we were getting worried!" Her mother exclaimed.

"Desculpa, finally got an international phone plan. Comoé pai?" Georgia responded with a small sigh. (Sorry,)(How is dad?)

"Seu pai está preocupado doente, mas ele está bem. Como é Manchester?" Mariana answered with a laugh to calm Georgia's nerves. She sat down at an outside table as she relaxed into the conversation with her mother. (He is worried sick, but he is alright. How is Manchester?)