five || kenspeckle

[ I would have totally published this sooner, but watching two soccer games at once and writing does not work very well, but here it is! Comment who your favorite club team is! Does not have to be NWSL. Mine is Seattle Reign ]

kenspeckle : conspicuous or easily recognizable

"Good afternoon, Georgia." Nick Cushing said as she sat down, pushing a latte over towards her. She smiled, taking a sip before relaxing in her seat. "Your nose looks horrible." He commented with a small chuckle, causing her to laugh.

"Good afternoon to you too, Nick." She said sarcastically as he set things out on the table. She watched as he did so, seeing forms and some free merchandise to wear at the signing. 

"Alright, so I have some forms for you to sign, standard procedure when playing any type of professional sport. I am going to assume you want to stay through the day of commencements, so you will be leaving for Manchester June 15th, so I would suggest throwing any parties or anything along those lines before then. There's more information in this envelope, such as our training schedule, our matches go through October, but we're on a short break right now, as to why I'm here in person. The plan is to get you into training with the team for a few weeks, then we'll add you to the roster, hopefully get you into a couple of games before the season ends." He explained, answering some of the questions she had about the whole thing. She quickly skimmed some of the things in the envelope, nodding as more questions were answered. 

"I do have a couple of questions before I sign these, if you don't mind." She said, setting down the envelope in front of her and looking to her future coach.

"Go right on ahead, Georgia." He responded with a delighted smile.

"Is my flight paid for? Like what will happen when I land?" She questioned first.

"Yes, your flight will be paid for courtesy of the club. When you land, you will be rooming with a couple of our other players who are permanent with the team like you are. There are international team breaks, so that would most likely be the time for your to head back home for a week or two. Your contract is through the next season, so after that you can make any major decisions such as playing back in the US or switching clubs here in Europe, because you're young and we want you to have the best experiences playing soccer wherever you may go." Nick answered, then went into detail about her contract with the team. She listened closely, taking key points from what he was saying and paying close attention, for her signing with the team at the school next Wednesday was going to change her life. After the signing, she had two more games of the regular season and then districts, which meant her season was so close to being over.

"So I'll have enough time to go through with commencements and states and my graduation party, right?" She asked, making sure that she would be able to do all the things she planned to do to celebrate her senior year.

"Yes, you'll have plenty of time to do all of that." He responded, and she felt a big grin appear on her lips.

"Alright, that's all of the questions I can think of right now." She said, looking down to the papers she had to sign, ones that she could not turn back from. Although she would officially sign with the team next week at school, they needed to get her signatures for things before Nick Cushing went back to Manchester after her signing at school, for there had to be someone there to moderate it.

"Well, here's a pen. Make some history." He said with a wink, handing her a pen from inside his suit jacket. Georgia took it in her hand and took a breath, pressing the point of the pen down on the paper and signing where she needed to, a smile coming to her face as she did so. When she was finished, she took a picture with the coach and they shook hands, her new coach leaving the coffee shop. Antonio, being the nosy person he was and not wanting to go home after their breakfast date, came over from the other side of the cafe and sat down in front of her with a huge smile on his face.