6

just a warning; Lots of after thought on previous day conversations. alsooooo WOOSH BISH I UPDATED!

Standing in front of the girls dorm I took a deep breath. I could do this, I'm going to start trying and that means making friends. I could do it. One more breath and I opened my eyes. Renzo offered to carry my box to the dorm even though I was fully capable. At first I thought it was because he wanted to check out the other girls but throughout the walk over he was very consistent on talking only to me. His attitude changed yesterday after I told him I was going to too,

Yesterday afternoon;

After the liberating conversation with Mephisto I knew I was going to make changes to my life, I was going to go back to how I was with mom and Elliott. The road ahead was going to be rough but I knew there are rougher paths than mine.

I smoothed the crinkles on my shirt and brushed off the non-existent dust from my skirt like I was getting rid of all the bad attitude in my body. I ran my fingers through my hair put it up in a bun and nodded my head to myself as a congratulations on becoming a better person.

Familiar voices perked my ears that led my eyes to follow back to the notorious Miwa-Suguro-Shima trio. They walked past me as if I didn't exist so my eyes continued to follow them as they walked and talked about whatever those boys talked about. Their friendship with each other was an idealistic beacon for all other friendships, it seemed like they were always having a blast together. Renzo was always laughing or attacking up and it was contagious to everyone around them.

Shima. Man did I owe him an apology -multiple ones.

"Hey! Renzo!" I echoed with one hand around my mouth while the other was waving up high.

He turned first and then Konekomaru and Ryuji, his blank stare quickly became a full smile.

"Hey Carter!" he waved back and was about to turn to keep walking.

I started moving my feet in a jog to catch up to them, "Wait Renzooo!"

He turned around again with a toothy grin and waited for me to get to him. As I slowed down he whispered to Bon and Miwa and took a few steps towards me.

"Later Shima," Konekomaru added, Ryuji gave a head nod towards us and then a "See ya," before leaving.

I watched them leave a few yards and then looked at Renzo.

"Always a pleasure to see you Carter-san," Renzo smiled warmly.

I wrinkled my nose at the comment but decided not to dispute him.

"The pleasure is all mine," I overly exaggereated a bow, as I straightened up we both laughed. He gave me a half smile half quizzical look as if he were trying to figure out if I was joking with him.

"Jeez Renzo its not like I have rabbis," I playfully shoved his chest, his smile turned more but he just looked at me.

I looked at him for a few moments then tilted mu head "Stop looking at me like that, priest son!" I spun around to divert the awkwardness. /'priest son' ? what was I thinking?!/

Renzo shook his head a little still watching me, "I can't help it, daughter of light," he raised his eyebrows higher with each of the last three words he spoke.

I made a duckface not looking at him, "yeah well when you look at me like that I.." my voice trailed off, "anyway all I wanted was to say sorry for being such an ass before," my posture straightened and my attitude became more serious, "I am turning over a new leaf,"