5

I woke up when I felt hands shaking my shoulders, I sat up until my forehead hit something hard with a smack.

"Ow!"

I rubbed my eyes innocently and yawned, I opened my eyes, Renzo was holding his forehead.

"Sorry,"

"You're going to be late,"

"What?!"

He showed me his phone screen, it was blinking 8:13.

"Holy shit!" I jumped up and grabbed my bag brushing my hair on the way down stairs.

There was a boy I've never seen before, he had black hair and green eyes. I almost ran into him on the way down, Renzo right behind me, the guy gave him a thumbs up. Renzo smiled then turned deep red.

I was running when one of the guys had a skate board, I stopped.

"Can I use this?"

"Sure dude,"

I grabbed it and put it in the ground, I was going down the hill with my bag pack on my shoulders, Renzo found a bike.

I slammed into the door of cram and it opened, I face planted into the ground, I was getting up when Renzo fell on top of me.

Yukio looked at us, everyone else was looking over their desks, Ryuji was trying not to burst out laughing.

Renzo got up and helped me up too.

"Looks like you two had a busy morning," Yukio said without looking up from his paper

"You have no idea," I said wiping dust off my uniform skirt.

I sat next to Ryuji who was red from trying to keep in the laugh, he wouldn't face me until he was done.

"It really wasn't that funny,"

"Yes it was," a smirk gleaming on his lips.

"You're a jerk,"

"At least I can go with out face planting into something every day,"

I hit him with a text book on the back of the head, he winced.

"Is there a problem ms.Haruno?"

"No,"

Ryuji rubbed his head and glared at me.

"Ow,"

"Hmph,"

I crossed my arms, returning to Yukio and whatever boring lesson we were learning for today.

(wowwy wow wow, this was prewritten so i'm just going to keep it :/ now let the new updates begin;)))))) ⬇️⬇️⬇️

The relieving sound of the bell came as a blissful music to my ears. I stretched my back with my arms up above me until I felt my back crack and then I started to walk . My slow moving legs put me as the last body to move out the door. Outside the classroom I heard quiet banter between Yukio and Rin. Their talking was low and almost inaudible but luckily my ears picked up a few words.

"I'm going to defeat Satan!" Rin raised his voice with a surge of confidence.

I almost laughed, Rin was going to defeat satan? I could almost hear my dad laugh at that one. The thought of my dad made my heart ache, my dad, my mom, my brother.

I remember some time after Satan had his boys when he had talked to the eight demon kings about not having affiliations with humans. I remember when I first heard my dad mention it to my mom and I couldn't understand why, but when my mom and brother died I understood. I didn't realize then how heart retching those relationships to people were, when I had the taste of it for myself I didn't blame Satan for being so crazy anymore. I also didn't blame Lucifer when he left.

I hadn't realized that with the time passing while I was standing and thinking about my family, the twins had noticed my presence.

"Hey, you okay?" Rin asked suddenly closer to me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him.

"Yeah, I'm good, sorry," I shook my head slightly "just thinking," I laughed to relieve the situation but Yukio gave me a suspicious look.

My smile dwindled and I started down the hallway, in mid step I stopped and turned just enough so that half my face was visible.

"I know Satan did a lot of awful things here in Assiah but he really did love your mother, and he is your father," my voice was quiet, full of wavering sounds almost cracking in the middle of my sentence.

Taken aback by my sudden comment Yukio let out a low sigh like choked air from the back of his throat. Rin grimaced, his jaw clenched and eyes full of hatred.

"No, Satan killed my father, and I will never forgive him for that!" his head flung up, eyes open so wide that I could see the glassy hue holding back sad memories. Although different backgrounds, we had the same eyes and my sympathy for him went untold but overflowing.

My eyes hit the floor, Satan wasn't the easiest to get along with that was for sure, but his motives were easily understood -not valid by any means but understood nonetheless. He loved Yuri, he became infatuated by the ideas and dreams they conjured together and the hope it had sparked within him. When that was ripped from him, along with the two lives they planned to nurture together, it makes sense why he would become so angry.

"I didn't say to forgive him, just know that he lost loved ones too," my eyes welled, not for Satan but because we all lost loved ones, maybe I was saying this for myself.

But why was I saying this? Why was i trying to spread my empathy to the literal spawn of the devil himself? How crazy it all sounded. I couldn't help but laugh, I chuckled and smiled and for a moment a glimmer of pure happiness shined on me like a young koi in a clear pond.

I understood why Yuri and Satan loved Assiah, I knew why dad wanted to stay here and in that moment I wished that I could have shared this with Elliot.

"Why are you laughing?" Rin looked more confused now than he did on quizzes.

"I don't have a reason but," I stood in front of the twins, one hand on each of their shoulders "thank you," I gave a goofy lip sided smile "I haven't been this happy in a long time,"

Yukio relaxed from my touch and gave a warm smile, Rin decided in his ultimate hyper personality to squish my head with his elbow.

"It's about time you stopped acting moppy!" Rin seemingly decided to accept my quick personality change.

"Moppy?!" my voice in full defensive mode, I pushed away from Rin "I am the daughter of the demon kind of Light! Don't call me moppy!" with my hands on my hips I leaned forward for an intimidating stance.

"So? You gonna throw your name around now?" Rin's face changed to a childish duck face to prod me into anger. Yukio's acknowledgment of our immaturity formed a sweat drop in his brow and he began to walk away while Rin and I fake argued.

Walking out of cram that day, with Rin smiling and talking about his old dad, it sparked something within me. It made me think if it was the kind of spark that happened with Satan, did he find people -like the ones I and at cram- in Yuri? Is this how my dad felt about my mom? I imagine this is what it's like; this feeling in my gut to feel better and be better. I don't know if this is the same spark they had or even if it's the same spark that made my dad fall in love with my mom, whatever it is this spark was good. I was done with being sad and lifeless, I'm done dragging my feet about Elliot and mom's death. This beautiful Earth was meant to be enjoyed, and as Rin and I walked up to our cram friends for lunch I could see them. smiling and enjoying each others company. I wanted that joy too.