Chapter Seven

-

John smiled softly as he rocked Alexander in his lap, the upset man having fallen asleep in his lap, exhausted from crying. John didn't mind, he just stroked Alexander's hair, humming absentmindedly. He examined Alex's face fondly, faintly laughing as he mumbled something in his sleep.

"So adorable," John mumbled, his eyes having a loving glint to them as he held Alex. "Too bad you're straight and hate my guts."

Alexander shifted in John's arms, rubbing his eyes. John sighed as he realized Alex was probably waking up, the peacefulness of Alexander's slumber disappearing. Alex sat up completely, his eyes fluttering open, first filled with confusion as he looked to John. That confusion turned to disgust as he rapidly pulled himself off of John's lap.

"What the hell?!" He asked, his eyebrows knitted. "Why was I in your lap?!"

"You-"

"That's fucking disgusting y'know," Alex spat, his face angry and contorted. "What are you? Gay?" John bit his lip, trying to suppress the lump forming in his throat as his eyes welled up with tears. "I bet you fucking are, aren't you?" Alexander didn't look at John's face long enough to notice the hurt look covering it.

"Actually yes," John said, the raspy, despaired tone his voice held made Alexander's anger disappear. He looked to John, who was visibly on the verge of crying. "I-I am," John mumbled, backing up against the corner of the wall, pulling his knees to his chest. "I'm s-sorry," Alexander raised an eyebrow in confusion, wondering why John was apologizing. "I'm sorry, I'm so s-sorry," John sobbed into his knees.

"John I-"

"I'm sorry!" John screamed, looking up, revealing his sad eyes and frowning lips. His curly hair was a mess, sticking to his face. Alexander noticed how John's words seemed to be less and less directed at him, almost as if John was speaking to someone who wasn't there. "I'm so sorry dad," John said, his voice sounding pitiful as he cowered against the wall.

"John?" Alex asked softly, taking a few steps towards John. "Hey, John can you hear me?"

John didn't respond, he just shook, quietly crying into his hands. Alexander set a hand on John's shoulder, making the freckled man jump.

"John, are you okay?" Alex asked, his tone sounding concerned. As soon as John realized his surroundings, his face turned sour, glaring up at Alex. "Woah, chill out John." Alexander didn't realize it, but those four words were like pulling the pin on a grenade.

"Chill out? Chill out?!" John said, his eyes furious, highly contrasting the sadness he had portrayed minutes prior. "You just called me disgusting, and you're telling me to chill out?" Alexander just stared at John, a dumbfounded expression on his face. He tried to back away, but John grabbed his collar, shoving him onto the bed before standing up, his hands at his hips. "I want to tell you a little story Alexander, called the worst moment of my fucking life. Do I have your full attention?"

"Uh y-yeah," Alexander stammered, looking up at John nervously.

"Well you see, I, being the gay male I am, realized my sexuality at a young age," John began, steam practically coming out of his ears. "Alex how long do you think it took me to muster the courage to come out to my dad?" John asked calmly. Alexander shrugged, making John grab the front of his shirt, pulling Alex close. "How long?"

"I-"

"Five fucking years Hamilton!" John screamed, letting go of Alexander aggressively. "Five years until I got the nerve to say the three words 'dad I'm gay', and do you know what he called me?" Alexander shook his head, cowering away from John. "He called me disgusting. Now who have I heard that from recently? Hm, I fucking wonder!"

"John-"

"Save it, asshole," John spat, grabbing his bag, slinging it around his shoulder. "I'm leaving." John didn't give Alex a chance to respond before storming out, slamming the door behind him.

"Wow, what a hothead."

-

A/N: Did y'all expect this chapter to be nice and cute? Well I threw this at you instead.